Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by golden_rivet, Sep 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of nice remote places to stay in B&B or Hotels. Just one night on the way back to the smoke ... all you Guzzies must have fave places up there ... cheers

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Agree with janner. Me and Mrs TO have stayed here a few times. Very remote and romantic setting, you will score loads of points with the missus. Restaurant is nice, if the weathers nice you can sit by the stream in the grounds too. A nice walk available to the petrified forest just down the valley. Some rooms have 4 posters and jacuzzi's too. You should get yards!
  4. 'Cough', Rivet is a female mate.
  5. tiddlyoggy

OOPS! :oops: Sorry rivet, I have been mostly absent from the site for a while now though.
    Still it works both ways though, the missus has lashed me up to some great hotel breaks, not least the one at Guy Fawkes Inn in your home town Stirling!
  6. Prince Hall on the Cherry Brook.

7. Thanks lads - yards will be fine by the way :)

The journey down to Cornwall was a mare. Not an effing clue what happened round Bristol but it felt like I went about a hundred miles at 5 mph!

Thought I might come back in stages

8. Best allow a couple of months then

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Yo Rivet, my old fella has a small two room BB on the edge of Dartmoor, it's in a small village that has a cracking pub and there's a track up to the moor that runs right past the front door....to tickle your history interest it was (the track) built by German POW's during ww2 and used by trainee Commandos of that era because one of their old training areas is a 40 minute walk up the track, you can go and pick up the spent shells if you want..

It's about a 15 minute drive from the A38 so wont take you to far from your route. Drop me a PM if you want and I'll give you the phone number, there is a webpage on the place but I'm buggered if I know what it is.
  10. We almost lost that one mate as the owner went bust, thankfully his empire was split up and the Inn was snapped up.
  11. tiddlyoggy

Yeah, I was aware of that, Mrs TO and myself have been watching the website as we have very fond memories of the place. It's nice to see it up and running again. A beautiful place full of character (although it's connections to GF are somewhat tenuous!), we're planning on visiting again sometime next year. York is probably my favourite place to visit in the UK.
  12. It's also an awesome night out.
  13. tiddlyoggy

No shit Sherlock! :roll:
  14. :lol: Thursday night, 95p a drink. Happy days.
  15. That's quite common around those parts. [​IMG]