Discussion in 'The Corps' started by canuck123, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well yes and no, yes at last but no why has it taken so long. This has been going on for years and very little has been achieved so far.
  2. canuk123, grudgingly, I must agree with you. I may be misreading it but it does look as if the lessons taught in the Balkans have been reflected in the RoE.

I am reminded, though, of a question posed by my ex Infantry pal who served in Rhodesia preparing for the handover; what's the difference between your average native African and a piece of toast?
  3. Sorry Loggie, I'll lick the dumb lollypop,

what is the difference?
  4. most people care about toast ?
  5. You can make soldiers out of a piece of toast!

Personally, I think it's a dreadful and scandalous caricature, of course.
  6. It wont be another Rwanda thats for sure. My country wont participate though were to tied up with Afghanistan.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Canuck, totally understand, as I have recently finished Lieutenant General Roméo Dallaire's horrifying account of his horrific and frustrating UN humanitarian mission to Rwanda in 1994. Anyone who wants to understand how military operations overseen by political influence often do not work should read it and, if possible, watch the acompanying BBC 'Storyville' documentary, which took Dallaire back to Rwanda's 'killing fields'.

"Shake Hands With The Devil" Film
  8. Or watch the movie Hotel Rwanda.
  9. Do you think Royal Marines will be sent?
  10. sgtpepperband

At least two... one to kick some ass while his oppo gets the brew on! :lol:
  11. Brew? or Wet? You decide!! or is this a new debate?
  12. sgtpepperband

Maybe we should have a mass debate about it... :roll:
  13. It will always be a wet!!!!!!!!

We are all tied up with Afghan and the factory cant increase its output anymore than it is already. They will have to send the Paras instead!
  14. Over here the movie Shake hands with the devil, just came out. Is it over there?
  15. I heard a review of it a few nights ago on the radio, although it was in conjunction with discussion about the film built around the Daniel Pearl abduction.