Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damage Limitation,or Genuine Goodwill Visit?

Damage limitation and to avoid making too big a wave in UK-US relations. Beyond the damage the mighty messiah Obama has already done of course. He hasnt exactly turned out to be the saviour President he was expected to bee it seems :p

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ok, l'll be the first to say it.

Will Liz, and more importantly Phil take a recognition course on the help. ^_~

Flagdeck

War Hero
I heard that Obama refuses to go to some southern states in his own country..............
The last time he went to North Carolina, he got up to make a speech, some cotton farmer started the bidding !

Well, my "ahem" president is making a visit to probably ask for some more dosh.

Did you know..............and I bet a lot of you dont, that the UK is the third largest holder of US debt. yeppers thats right, the Uk currently carries....wait for it....................$511.8 BILLION. So how many carriers/jets/ships etc would that pay for.

The top 5 debt holders are

China $895
Japan $877
UK $511
Various OPEC countries $210
Brazil $184

Billions of course.
(As of Nov 2010)

Flagdeck

War Hero
Well, my "ahem" president is making a visit to probably ask for some more dosh.

Did you know..............and I bet a lot of you dont, that the UK is the third largest holder of US debt. yeppers thats right, the Uk currently carries....wait for it....................$511.8 BILLION. So how many carriers/jets/ships etc would that pay for.

The top 5 debt holders are

China $895
Japan $877
UK $511
Various OPEC countries $210
Brazil $184

Billions of course.
(As of Nov 2010)

Well .... ah'll whistle dixie !!!

Maybe we could have camerons missus and Obama's missus fight it out to the death. No particular reason but it'd make the following day's news reports amusing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Agencies join forces to investigate environmental damage to the River Lugg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Multiple agencies investigate damage to the river Lugg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to add COVID-19 to Vaccine Damage Payments Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Damage to business and property caused by flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Czech Sport Aircraft Sportcruiser, landing gear damage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Artificial intelligence to tackle insurance fraud and assess flood damage MoD News 0
L Jutland: Damage to HMS Spitfire History 25
J ligament damage? Health & Fitness 1
soleil Workmen cause £2,000,000 of damage to Faslane Submariners 6
Bergen Collateral Damage Diamond Lil's 21
A Earthquake hits Kent and causes possible damage in Dorset! Current Affairs 20
SS-super-stoker History of damage control and fire fighting (and 1982) History 70
C PAYD. Will it damage your ethos? The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Ensuring genuine change and implementation of commitments in South Sudan MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Genuine recruiting or major bite? Diamond Lil's 8
TheLastStoker Genuine Navy Rum Advice The Quarterdeck 5
W Genuine appollogy. Diamond Lil's 5
2_deck_dash Genuine SAS/SBS/STC sunglasses - H4H auction - not to be missed. Charity 18
R Genuine or Not? RMR 8
The_Caretaker Genuine Miscellaneous 0
Joe_Crow sfub - is he genuine? Diamond Lil's 9
M Windows 7 not genuine Bloody Computers 15
N Genuine ToT Time or Rum Ration The Quarterdeck 6

Latest Threads