Damage Limitation,or Genuine Goodwill Visit?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Feb 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bet he says that to all 'les boys'

2. Damage limitation and to avoid making too big a wave in UK-US relations. Beyond the damage the mighty messiah Obama has already done of course. He hasnt exactly turned out to be the saviour President he was expected to bee it seems :p

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Ok, l'll be the first to say it.

Will Liz, and more importantly Phil take a recognition course on the help. ^_~

4. I heard that Obama refuses to go to some southern states in his own country..............
    The last time he went to North Carolina, he got up to make a speech, some cotton farmer started the bidding !

5. Well, my "ahem" president is making a visit to probably ask for some more dosh.

Did you know..............and I bet a lot of you dont, that the UK is the third largest holder of US debt. yeppers thats right, the Uk currently carries....wait for it....................$511.8 BILLION. So how many carriers/jets/ships etc would that pay for.

The top 5 debt holders are

China $895
    Japan $877
    UK $511
    Various OPEC countries $210
    Brazil $184

Billions of course.
    (As of Nov 2010)

6. Well .... ah'll whistle dixie !!!

7. Maybe we could have camerons missus and Obama's missus fight it out to the death. No particular reason but it'd make the following day's news reports amusing