Daley Tweet

Must admit I'm stuck in the middle with this.

By all accounts the messages started off as extremely offensive and progressed to threats of physical harm which, I believe, is illegal. As LujonSA says though, many of us are guilty of what could be construed as offensive and, when we think about it, potentially upsetting comments to other individuals. I know I am and think maybe I've had an epiphany here.

As facebook and this twitter thing are relatively new forms of communication this new type of abuse confuses me - banter or bullying? I would imagine that if I were a victim of serious abuse I'd be pretty thick skinned as, no doubt, would most on here, but that doesn't make it acceptable for such abuse to be inflicted wantonly.

A tough one, but I would think it needs looking at by, err, someone.

Someone clever.

Not a politician.

Last edited:
I think there's a difference between banter and what's happened here. Banter normally occurs between people who know each other or of similar backgrounds and done with a smile, this was abuse from a total stranger, a bit like an electronic poison pen letter and well out of order IMHO.

C

cúnt

I think this is a poignant reminder to you lot- play nice on the internets. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I think there's a difference between banter and what's happened here. Banter normally occurs between people who know each other or of similar backgrounds and done with a smile, this was abuse from a total stranger, a bit like an electronic poison pen letter and well out of order IMHO.
Well they don't come any "stranger" than you.
So be nice to me or I'll have you lifted.
And stop being abusive you underwater dwelling web toed janner wanking fuckin old miserable bastard.
Or one day I will be rude to you.

Well they don't come any "stranger" than you.
So be nice to me or I'll have you lifted.
And stop being abusive you underwater dwelling web toed janner wanking fuckin old miserable bastard.
Or one day I will be rude to you.
Re-read what Cúnt posted, you piss-stained old fart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 5
Lingyai The Quarterdeck 15
Lingyai The Gash Barge 5