Daily routine of Stewards

Lol...I spent 8 yrs on a Submarine. ..none of this skimmer shite. ...so comment , even if your lip is bleeding...

Fine..I'll edit this then...I was a Mechanic for 7 years then bought a restaurant, just to try something different...and sold it after 5 yrs.

Joined HM Submarines for 8 years, now currently an Elec/ Gas Engineer. ...

I enjoyed my time as a Submariner...and my daughter is thinking of the RFA....

So that's my story thus far....

Last edited:
Yes I do, but duties and day to day routines are still different.

Are Stewards part of a Boarding party, man weapons etc as these are not done on Submarines even laundry is done by Weapon Engineers onboard.

If you were a submariner for 8 years you must have some idea what a steward does surely?

D

Deleted 108407

Deciding to join as a Steward, so wanting to know routine of daily duties etc.
Ass wiping features low on Officers Steward duties to day.
Mind you, there is still much interest in today's navy on further obsequiousness wherever it takes place -- above or below decks and with whom

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Yes I do, but duties and day to day routines are still different.

Are Stewards part of a Boarding party, man weapons etc as these are not done on Submarines even laundry is done by Weapon Engineers onboard.
Dhobying is also done by ME 's on a boat as well as WE 's! All Fwd Staff get paid for doing it, it's a nice little patrol earner :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Ass wiping features low on Officers Steward duties to day.
Mind you, there is still much interest in today's navy on further obsequiousness wherever it takes place -- above or below decks and with whom
Stewards don't exist in todays navy, this is the RFA he's talking about.

Perry

Lantern Swinger
I have never witnessed a WE do his own dhobying, let alone anyone else’s ;)
and I don't have a clue what an RFA steward does.

Latest Threads