Daily Routine of a marine?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by greenlid, Nov 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I've had a look around the site and sorry if it's been answered allready but I was talking to a friend who has been doing Fleet Protection in the royal marines and he was talking about how the work was far less than what he had been doing previously ( not sure exactly what ) and that he reported in the morning and ended up looking busy for most of the day so I was wondering if anyone could outline the general daily routine when not on tour for a marine. Do they spend 5 days a weekjust perfecting drills or training under an officer or is it slightly more relaxed?

I'm asking this because until I spoke to my friend I was under the impression that the days were scheduled.

Thanks

( sorry if there is any bad spelling I'm posting from a phone and despite looking over it I can't use spellcheck)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Unfortunately, as you maybe aware, the PRMC website is offline due to the unlikely occurrence of being hacked-into by a bored Romanian.

There is an online archive of the forum (non-interactive,but you can trawl though the pages) dated 01 Oct which may answer your query, although the search function does not work: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20101001110155/royalnavy.mod.uk/prmc/

The brief answer to the query is that every day differs. Some weeks you'll be out on exercises, on the range or in the classroom for continuation training, for others you'll be deployed operationally & there will be various courses & leave to be taken throughout the year. For the average Royal Marine, daily life usually includes some form of physical training which could be anything from a session in the gym, a troop run, football, rugby etc., in addition to the routine tasks of maintaining service & personal equipment.

Rest assured you'll be kept busy - but beware of falling into the trap of thinking it's an entertainment organisation rather than a job. You'll find yourself doing all sorts of things, some highly entertaining (for example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/somerset/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9185000/9185569.stm ), some crushingly boring - that's why you get paid.

Hopefully some serving or former serving Royal Marines will oblige by adding their experiences of time spent at their units.

3. 1. Wake up, get out of oppo's pit.
    2. Bang out 500 push ups, 600 sit ups and 200 chin ups.
    3. Look at self in mirror and go "Wow"
    4. Get showered and groom hair with latest hair gel.
    5. Get dressed, with help from oppo.
    6. Have a massive breakfast.
    7. Commence days work which consists of learning how to kill people in different ways, learning to read and write correctly like those bloody matelots do and then plenty of running around looking gorgeous.
    8. Naked roll mat fight.
    9. End of working day means time for more running around looking gorgeous.
    10. Get turned in early with oppo.

4. Breathe in,breathe out, breathe in, breathe out..................sorry could not stop myself!!!

5. That's the Cpl's job; the Mne's job is to pay attention and not get confused.

6. Uncannily accurate. Amended #10 to make it totally spot on, remember most of us are Bi nowadays. :roll:

7. NZ - thanks for the correction and I was not far wrong then. :lol:

8. Aye, any holes a goal, boobs are a bonus. :D

Have we put him off yet?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh well, I did try to warn him... :wink:

10. I think the OP is being a tad presumptious with his user name as well? ;-)

11. Somehow "bluelidwithredpatch" diddnt have quite the same ring to it :p

12. Fairy Duff matey. :lol: But you will have to earn it.

13. Boy Friend / special Friend ??? :D :D :D :D :wink:

14. However 'Neckycnut' would do fine. :roll:

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It used to go something like this....

O'fcuk a clock wake up.
    O'**** a clock plus 1 second realised someone had swamped your pit.
    Get up, have a smoke, sh1t, shave and shower.
    Find some PT kit and get dressed (You've missed breakfast due to being to drunk to get out of bed earlier)
    Turn to...swap dits about last nights horra pigs.
    Go for a six mile troop run.
    1 mile later chuck up.
    3 miles later have a sh1t
    6 miles later have a smoke and a shower.
    Get dressed again in gucci pusser clothing.
    Turn to, get sent to NAAFI break.
    Turn to, find something meaningful to do.
    Go to lunch.
    Have a Nana nap
    Turn to again, get dismissed.
    Have a shower.
    Put on best dress and head into town.

Some days are harder, for instance on a Friday you'll have to clean the grot before heading off on weekenders at 11a.m.

16. Spot on, but weekenders is for gayers, the real heroes get ashore for a bit of "shopping" on a friday afternoon and turn to sunday evening with a bar of soap in their pocket, **** all cabbage and an itchy cock