Daily Mirror: "We Launch Our Pensions Fit For Heroes Campaign To Fight Forces Cuts"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being selfish, it gets my vote as I go index linked next year. Being a cynic, I can't see it happening.
  2. Was listening to Andrew Robathan Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the MOD (Coldstream guards from 1974-89) yesterday at the dispatch box . Full of Weasel words and a disgrace. When questioned about the change from RPI to CPI he had the cheek to quote the one year in the last 20 when it was higher, How does he sleep at night???
  3. Probably in a comfy bed in a very very nice house paid for by all his weaseling. Typically disconnected from reality like most Politicos
  4. To be a Guards officer in the first place you need to be flush, as their annual mess bills are probably more than most people earn in a year, so his comments hardly come as a surprise as he’s alright Jack.
  5. Not true. I have a close association with a few grens and that is a myth, as it is for the cavalry.
  6. He has claimed £87,729 in second home expenses in the past four years, one of the highest claims in the Commons. His pay is 65 ,000 Plus

7. Not too close I hope and I don't question your first hand knowledge but I hae ma doots that any of them are well educated lads from a Govan council estate.
  8. You'd be surprised. Granted some I know were promoted from the ranks, others are no means the stereotype.

Dad in law also ex gren officer so a little too close!
  9. I think perhaps you know too little about Mr Robathan.
  10. Pray tell?
  11. How very disappointing JC, I thought we were in for some insider revelations.

Anyway any friend of that great class warrior Sir John Prescott is a friend of mine.
  12. Is he any relation to Baron Prescott of Kingston-upon-Hull?
  13. Is that what he calls himself? :pukel:
  14. Would that be one of the Kingston-upon-Hull Prescott's. I heard a buzz he has applied for membership of The Guards Polo Club Windsor and will be sponsored by none other than Prince Rupert Mercedes Benz von Ribena-Saxon-Drugzen-Rokken-Roll.I do hope the dear Prescott boy can afford to stable his polo ponies in London if not well ho-hum it does help keep the riff raff out.:pig:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011