Daily Mail Mauled on Question Time

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Oct 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was a pleasure to watch as Mehdi Hasan savaged the Daily Mail on QT last night. Shame that the Limp-Dem woman had to butt in. IMO the only thing that rag is good for is cutting up into squares to hang in the outside cludgie and wipe your aarrsse with it after a good steamer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. He's changed his tune has old Mehdi...

Dear Mr Dacre… - Guy Fawkes' blog

"I believe the Mail has a vitally important role to play in the national debate, and I admire your relentless focus on the need for integrity and morality in public life..." Mehdi Hasan's letter to the Mail "Please give me a job"

Shame he wasn't quite so angered by the Mirror going through the PM's rubbish to criticise his choice of nappies for his disabled son. Or when Polly Toynbee suggested that the PM was faking his upset for his father's disability in the Graun.

So yes let's keep the families out of it, unless they are the families of those on the centre-Right, and not a Marxist father who believed in an ideology which was responsible for millions of deaths, apparently.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He's spot on though. The Mail is absolute drivel. The best way of utterly confusing a Mail reader is to inform them that Immigrants are the natural predators of peadophiles.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Agreed the Mail does have an important role to play, it keeps the knuckle draggers foaming at the mouth.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I'm now totally convinced of the claim of BBC left wing bias after watching question time & Dimbleby allowing Yvette Cooper to avoid answering any of the questions, instead he allowed her to keep on spouting the same old labour mantra.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a supporter/buyer/reader of the Daily Mail, I'm just saying that it is no better or no worse than the rest of the tabloids. What I am annoyed about is when the left-wing tabloids have done far more appalling "stories" against centre-right politicians, these commentators have not squealed about how appalling these stories are, nor have they demanded a review of working practices across the Guardian or Mirror media groups, nor have they demanded Leveson's recommendations in full.

If you are going to pretend to have the moral high ground you must be consistent, and probably shouldn't have written quite such a fawning letter to the Mail a few years before, nor have been recorded as saying that non-Muslims are animals as Mehdi has done on both counts.

‘We know that keeping the moral high-ground is key. Once we lose the moral high-ground we are no different from the rest, of the non-Muslims; from the rest of those human beings who live their lives as animals, bending any rule to fulfil any desire.’ http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/douglas-murray/2013/07/mehdi-hasan-and-the-edl/
  7. Blackrat

I'm not sure why, but i like Will Self. It could be because, many years ago, he asked me for a cigarette in Cafe Nero in Hammersmith and then sat and chatting to me for half an hour. A very witty and intelligent man. He also hated being on Shooting Stars.
  8. I disagree, as I think that the HateMail is a particularly fetid rag in the festering swamp that is the media. I would also argue that a newspaper does not have to be tabloid to be full of lies promoting the agenda of the rich owners and their government/'government next time' lackies. Left or right does not interest me, they're all self interested cheats and manipulators.

They all lie. Get used to it.

But the Mail stinks very badly.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. He has actually taken over from Tommy Tynan as my hero.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wooooh! My 5,000th post.

How sad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. We're getting away from the point here. The point being that the Daily Mail is for utter ****ing halfwits and that we should rejoice in the public raping of the honking rag by an astute and intelligent observer.

It is a damaging and horrifically skewed vial of piss. BZ Mehdi. BZ.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Blackrat

It's posts like this that keep me on this site. As an aside, it also contains some of my favourite words.

If i remember correctly, The Mail was a staunch supporter of the Nazis back in the day. I hope it gets its comeuppance one of these days, the pile of steaming turd that it is.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  14. I watched QT on Thursday, and I found Mehedi Hasan made some valid points regarding the appauling conduct of the Mail and the Mail on Sunday reports. The slurs amounted to anti semetic attacks on the Milliband family. reminiscent of the Nazi's in the 1930's. Some of the comments from others (Potential_officer) amount to faschist remarks and makes me think, this guy talks through his tory **** canal.
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Whether you're left or right of centre, I think the pure hypocritical attitude of the DM is what sickens most people, especially the paper's attitude towards foreigners.

As most RR members are aware, the Daily Mail is owned by Viscount Rothermere, Jonathan Harmsworth, a British-born, American-educated father of an illegitimate son, who resides in France. That's right - he is "non dom", so dodges tax in this country and appears to be domiciled in France for tax purposes.

So the owner of the Daily Mail is a tax dodging French man - exactly the sort of person that his staff are hounding in the press! I think the the writers of the Mail should do their public and professional duty and stick it to Viscount Rothermere as a sponging foreigner... :twisted:

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It amazes me how many posters frequently quote from the
    Mail, but never read it
    • Like Like x 3
  18. daily-mail-blackshirts.jpg Daily Mail reader's club 1938/39.