Daily Mail: Britain's only female Royal Marine Commando gets married.

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Ninja_Stoker, Feb 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

This years award for technical journalistic excellence goes to the Daily Mail.

Congratulations to Major Pip & Sgt Delamere-Wright.

2. Looks like she's wearing a gillie suit for arctic warfare not a wedding.

Cruel!!!!! :laughing3:
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

was this the girl who achieved the technical 'pass' having completed the AACC in several stages?

and looking at the pics, I use the term 'girl' in its loosest sense..
  4. More shit journalism, does anybody vet these cretins....
  5. Hows about taking the cretins to a vet!!!
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

So why is she wearing a blue beret in the 3rd pic? (and why has he forgotten the braces for his trousers)
  7. **** me they will have women divers next........... I'll get my coat!
  8. Here we go, stand by for the plethora of " a mate said", "I heards" and "DINs state" comments ref did she didn't she etc...... lets be honest, she looks no different than most bootnecks on a run ashore.
  9. Because she's in the Army, specifically the AGC and would only wear the green beret when attached to 3 Commando Brigade.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Balls! I heard Cheryl Cole was the only female Royal Marine - previous for violence, racist remarks and looks good in a black dress (hoofin' PW too, apparently):

[And she's got her brown wings too, according to Andy B***r, her grippo!)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Yup, just like all the twits around here wearing theirs (no jealousy...) when we're a million miles from 3Bde...
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  12. Now, I'm only a lowly sundodger, but even I noted she didn't have a Royal Machine badge on her feret.
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Here's a nice quote found at the bottom. Oddly enough, i didn't have to look that hard;

"15:39 Not that hard then if a woman passed. "P" Company-the best and the hardest for the best and the hardest. Utrinque Paratus.
    - voiceofreasonandtruth, edinburgh, 21/2/2012 17:01"

I sit firmly on the fence here but from experience, wings do not a soldier make.
  14. I also wonder how this chap would fare when put up against some of the ladies who have made it through SRR selection and also the vominator.
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

There it is. I've spent a lot of time with our airborne cousins and as much as i like them, some of them have a real spastic mentality.