Daily Mail: Britain's only female Royal Marine Commando gets married.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
This years award for technical journalistic excellence goes to the Daily Mail.

Congratulations to Major Pip & Sgt Delamere-Wright.

Daily Mail said:
Britain's only female Royal Marine Commando has ditched her standard military greens for gleaming wedding dress white.
Daily Mail said:
Major Pip Tattersall, 37, married Sergeant Stuart Delamere-Wright of the Royal Dragoon Guards in a private ceremony at Glen Tanar Chapel in Royal Deeside.

Read more: It's the only way you'll get Britain's only woman commando out of her green beret - marry her! | Mail Online

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
was this the girl who achieved the technical 'pass' having completed the AACC in several stages?

and looking at the pics, I use the term 'girl' in its loosest sense..

Here we go, stand by for the plethora of " a mate said", "I heards" and "DINs state" comments ref did she didn't she etc...... lets be honest, she looks no different than most bootnecks on a run ashore.

G

guestm

So why is she wearing a blue beret in the 3rd pic? (and why has he forgotten the braces for his trousers)
Because she's in the Army, specifically the AGC and would only wear the green beret when attached to 3 Commando Brigade.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Balls! I heard Cheryl Cole was the only female Royal Marine - previous for violence, racist remarks and looks good in a black dress (hoofin' PW too, apparently):

[And she's got her brown wings too, according to Andy B***r, her grippo!)

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Here's a nice quote found at the bottom. Oddly enough, i didn't have to look that hard;

"15:39 Not that hard then if a woman passed. "P" Company-the best and the hardest for the best and the hardest. Utrinque Paratus.
- voiceofreasonandtruth, edinburgh, 21/2/2012 17:01"

I sit firmly on the fence here but from experience, wings do not a soldier make.

G

guestm

Here's a nice quote found at the bottom. Oddly enough, i didn't have to look that hard;

"15:39 Not that hard then if a woman passed. "P" Company-the best and the hardest for the best and the hardest. Utrinque Paratus.
- voiceofreasonandtruth, edinburgh, 21/2/2012 17:01"

I sit firmly on the fence here but from experience, wings do not a soldier make.
I also wonder how this chap would fare when put up against some of the ladies who have made it through SRR selection and also the vominator.