Daft question I know!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Sep 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering do you get a skinhead when you start basic?

Couldnt give a monkeys either way just wanna know.

2. Grade 2 all over.

3. I was wondering about this too because my AFCO said that if my hair is short enough I can avoid the clippers. I don't want to waste money on a hair cut if that isn't the case.

4. Cheers soleil, siht i'm gonna look like a right tit!! my ears are massive!!! lol

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just don't go outdoors on a windy day to avoid concussion, if you have large lugs.

My advice is to grow an afro before you join. You'll be paying for a haircut anyway, so you may as well get your money's worth.

6. Will keeping my beard be an option at Raleigh? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and look like a 12 year old for a bunch of painful, humiliating weeks..?!

7. Unfortunately shippers beards are not allowed in Phase one due to the fact that we the instructors need to be sure you know how to shave every day.

8. haha, well I'd best get learning then. Polished up on most things I'll need for the RN, shaving wasn't one of them!

edited for typo.

9. HAHAHA thats what my uncle used to call me when i was a baby!!

Scared for life i was, how i've manged to get through life with these bigguns is a mystery

10. If you are going into one of the Fleet Air Arm branches big ears are a definate advantage.
    If you are not going into the FAA are you joining the same Raleigh intake that Noddys in.
    I've given him a little corner of my garage to store his yellow and red car in :D

11. im dreading a skinhead, is this only for raleigh?, after that can i keep my hair to my liking in the RN?

12. Grade 2 is NOT a skin head. I have one all the time now :lol:

13. :oops: Didnt know you were gay Tim :lol: :lol:

14. Well, you know what they say Scouse- "When you can't beat them, join them"

15. As long as it's the same as the Navy's liking!!!

16. To a point, back in the days of sex,drugs and rock and roll, it seemed that if you could fit it under your hat it was yours, providing that what was showing was at the correct length.
    We had one bright spark who requested to grow a pigtail, his request was granted on the understanding that he was to tar it.