Daffy is now a pilot /AET

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by daffy1, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm probably not putting a good image of my self on here with many questions on photography and cameras etc, but recentlyI treated my self to another RC plane, this it below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17oEuqnwnU4 (Its not me)

But this plane has the potential to go roughly 200mph which I hope to achieve.

Here is another example of the same model going 177 mph

This should be fun.
  2. What about this little beaut :wink: [​IMG] RC flying jet model of a MK2 Bucaneer. it is powered by a Jetcat 120 turbine giving 27lbs thrust using a bifurbicated pipe. Has working brakes gear doors undercarrige and flaps. Has 3 tanks which will give me approx 8mins of flying time using jet A1 or parrafin mixed with 5% turbine oil.
  3. If I got something like that, I could see my self being skint for the rest of my life.
  4. Is that yours Scouse or is it one you're building? I'm impressed either way. Excellent detail and specs. I have great respect for the peeps who can fly these models properly (especially when they're coming towards you). I might be able to do the big versions but I am a complete spaz at flying the models. I went through 2 training aircraft in one day at Yeovilton a 'few' years back (they were mine that I'd just bought lock stock from a mate, along with a load of engines etc). My wife suggested I might like to stick to other pursuits as it was going to cost us the house, the way I was carrying on :cry: .

I would love to see an RC Harrier, if there is such a beast. I spent a great deal of time once, giving a septic the low down on the aircraft and he spent ages taking photos of the ducts, nozzles etc. He had the engine in the back of his car and showed me his plans, so he wasn't just some Walter Mitty type who just wanted to get up close and personal with a Bona Jet. There would be quite a few engineering 'challenges' to address but that would be a truly impressive sight and, maybe, they could add an amp to up the noise while it's in the hover, to scare the kids, set off car alarms and generally make it more realistic :D

Anyway, top model and I hope, if it's yours, you never need to do any crash repairs.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

6. Nope its Glowplugs...... Thread RC jets on general board at The Blackburn Buccaneer Society - Home