Dads pension

Hi all

My Father has just passed. He was married to his new wife 10 years ago.

His new wife has asked me to find out if she will still recieve dads pension.

I have tried to read the other post but am unclear still. Dad served in the early 60s in the Royal Navey for 9 years. and has been recieving a disabilitty pension since.

Any simple advise is really appreciated, I am tempted to call and deal directly with the pension ppl, but I dont know what I'm walking into and thought some simple advise will be amazing.

Also any contact tips would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Christian

Sumo

War Hero
Hi all

My Father has just passed. He was married to his new wife 10 years ago.

His new wife has asked me to find out if she will still recieve dads pension.

I have tried to read the other post but am unclear still. Dad served in the early 60s in the Royal Navey for 9 years. and has been recieving a disabilitty pension since.

Any simple advise is really appreciated, I am tempted to call and deal directly with the pension ppl, but I dont know what I'm walking into and thought some simple advise will be amazing.

Also any contact tips would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Christian
@vauxhall

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
It looks like your Dad's service was all before 1978. I am sorry to have to tell you that his wife will not be entitled to a long term widow's pension as she falls foul of the 'post retirement marriage' rules.

You need to write to Veterans UK at Pensions Division, Mail Point 480, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow, G2 8EX and tell them of your Dad's death. They will send a form to establish whether there are beneficiaries. As I said, there will be no long term widow's pension but there may be a short term benefit.

Attachments

Summo

Thankyou, above and beyond helpful.

Q. Would I be able to assume that my Father has a civilian pension for when he came out of the Navy retired hurt, or would they both be put together.

I understand you may not know but thought that I would ask anyway.

Thanks mate

Christian