D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite problems

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite prob

First of class having teething problems.You could have knocked me down with a feather.
    I particularly enjoyed the quote from Submarine expert Tim Fish (oh yeah)"There can be a whole range of problems but diving and surfacing can be the main problems". Vital for a boat I would have thought.I must pass my email address to my local rag this being an expert job looks easier than I imagined.

2. Re: D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite prob

Another non-story

3. Re: D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite prob

Submarine expert Tim Fish said: "There can be a whole range of issues but diving and surfacing can be the main problems."

Concur! Or plonker! :D

4. Re: D. Record: Sub Captain defends £1bn vessel despite prob

1. Submarine expert Tim Fish said: "There can be a whole range of issues but diving and surfacing can be the main problems."
    No sh1t Sherlock. As a complete outsider I would never have guessed.

2. Critics say the Astute programme has been one of the most troubled UK defence projects. Due to serious delays and problems in construction, the sub, which has a crew of 98, was launched four years late.
    Error, Typhoon beats that by miles.

3.The Royal Navy's most advanced submarine, described as "more complex than the space shuttle", arrived at its new base on the Clyde in November.
    Er chalk and cheese?