Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

D. Record: "Seamstress In Rage As Royal Navy Give Her The Boot After 35 Years"

It would be interesting to hear the Warrant Officers perspective - perhaps we will at a tribunal.
I'm not sure we will Ninja as the article says she was employed on a Self Employed basis. She may have drip about the being denied the opportunity to quote for the contract.
I have learnt not to jump on the outrage bus until I've heard all the facts and there are some parts of this story we have yet to hear.

Fair enough.

I always found her pleasant and professional. The task was always completed to my satisfaction and on time.

Don't get me wrong, she was good at her job, but had as much charisma as one of my 12 week patrol crusty love socks

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

I had an office in the old RC chapel in the basement and her shack was just along from me, when you got to know her she was a good egg, she took a lot of cheek from some younger JRs and officers who thought she was just a skivvy. maybe what we needed was a sew sew. (skimmer term)

[Mod Edit: Moved to appropriate forum; it's not just Submariners who are based at Faslane.]

Similar to my opinion on the Fareham hotel "scandal" [sic] I won't jump on the outrage bus either. As Fishhead said, it will be interesting to hear the other side of the story and the nature of the "complaints" that had been received, but the (unreferenced and anonymous) quote in the DR, "The Navy said Mary’s company, All Sew, did not offer “the best value for money for the taxpayer”, and competition was “the best procurement strategy”" tells me all I need to know for now. The RN does not owe anybody (serving military personnel or otherwise) a livelihood; if they are trying to save money then services such as this are always in jeopardy.

As a bunting on Tenby back then, I was I/C sewing machine (or donkey as it was called)....flags, for the mending of. But I had a nice little earner sewing on badges/repairing No 8's etc......for the rest of the ships company. I was UA at the time, but got called round almost every day. :drunken:

Latest Threads