D. Record: "Seamstress In Rage As Royal Navy Give Her The Boot After 35 Years"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Jan 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh thats a shame.

2. It won't be a problem in a few months anyway...........

Possibly.

3. Only told the job was going out to contact after the closing date for applications, looks like she was stitched up to me

• Like Like x 2
  4. She did all my uniforms from AB(R) to CHOPS (TSSM) its a shame for her

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It would be interesting to hear the Warrant Officers perspective - perhaps we will at a tribunal.

6. Bring back Make and Mend, for what it was intended for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm not sure we will Ninja as the article says she was employed on a Self Employed basis. She may have drip about the being denied the opportunity to quote for the contract.
    I have learnt not to jump on the outrage bus until I've heard all the facts and there are some parts of this story we have yet to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. She is a miserable bitch, no wonder they got rid of her

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sew what?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bitch was a bit harsh, but she was always miserable, when you asked her to sew something she'd act like you asked her for a pound of flesh

11. Don't get me wrong, she was good at her job, but had as much charisma as one of my 12 week patrol crusty love socks

12. I had an office in the old RC chapel in the basement and her shack was just along from me, when you got to know her she was a good egg, she took a lot of cheek from some younger JRs and officers who thought she was just a skivvy. maybe what we needed was a sew sew. (skimmer term)

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[Mod Edit: Moved to appropriate forum; it's not just Submariners who are based at Faslane.]

Similar to my opinion on the Fareham hotel "scandal" [sic] I won't jump on the outrage bus either. As Fishhead said, it will be interesting to hear the other side of the story and the nature of the "complaints" that had been received, but the (unreferenced and anonymous) quote in the DR, "The Navy said Mary’s company, All Sew, did not offer “the best value for money for the taxpayer”, and competition was “the best procurement strategy”" tells me all I need to know for now. The RN does not owe anybody (serving military personnel or otherwise) a livelihood; if they are trying to save money then services such as this are always in jeopardy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. As a bunting on Tenby back then, I was I/C sewing machine (or donkey as it was called)....flags, for the mending of. But I had a nice little earner sewing on badges/repairing No 8's etc......for the rest of the ships company. I was UA at the time, but got called round almost every day. :drunken: