D. Mail: "Decision on £20bn Trident renewal to be delayed"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've lost the plot where does Trafalgar fit it?
  2. Re: D. Mail: "Decision on £20bn Trident renewal to be delay

Ye gods, I did 4 years on Traf. Does that mean I'm a bomber queen? Am I now entitled to the bomber pin?

Or have the journo's cocked up again with their research?

edited to add I wonder if they know Traf's de-commissioned so the deterrent is already down to 3 boats?
  3. hahaha

why do we have morons reporting on the Navy..?
  4. Re: D. Mail: "Decision on £20bn Trident renewal to be delay

TRIDENT / TRAFALGAR easy mistake to make! Both start with a TR and ..... well, that's it really. :lol:
  5. Re: D. Mail: "Decision on £20bn Trident renewal to be delay

Let's just hope that the V Class reactor "ironwork" is more durable than that in the Rs.

I will make no cracks about trouser legs.
  6. Indeed. One can do things with the HSR vs fatigue life, but if the kettles knackered, so's the boat.
  7. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

1. The United Kingdom's Strategic Nuclear deteretn is just that, nothing more not less. It is nothing to do with holding a seat at the Security Council (of which, when it was formed, the United States was the ONLY nuclear power). It is entirely about deterring a nuclear attack on the United Kingdom by making it clear that the game would not be worth the candle because instant and colossal retribution would ensue.

Anyway the Lisbon Treaty has already given away our UN role as events will slowly show.

2. Hague's naivety in his private life seems to be spilling over into his public role.
  8. Re: D. Mail: "Decision on £20bn Trident renewal to be delay

apparently, if they delay the building of the v class successor they navy may get an extra astute to keep the yard working to avoid the obvious jobs/skills loss in barrow which delaying the construction of v successor would cause.