Cyprus blasts US of Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jenny_Dabber, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of months back, there was a bomb scare outside the US Embassy in Nicosia. Where as the USA were stating that Cyprus was supporting the Terrorism act (silly idea really, seeing as Cyp has it's own problems without supporting something else they are against), locals were claiming the individuals involved (who are Pakistanis) were annoyed that the US Embassy wouldn't grant them a visa to the states. Mind you, it was proven that the 2 men involved had some kind of link to a Terrorist group.

They have a pretty good point though, the US government should look at their own country before pointing the finger at others, what do you think?

Full story

2. J-D

You have a good point.

Perhaps the US should look at it's self for the Government, Opposition Politicians, the Judiciary and many members of the Public especially on the East Coast supported and gave succor, arms, cash and technical assistance to terrorists for 30 years that were randomly attacking, killing, bombing both woman and children as well as Service Personnel within the UK.

We refer to of course the IRA but after 9/11 the Septics conveniently forgot that when some chicken came home to roost.

Not that Cyprus is that goody goody, shooting British house-wives in the back when out shopping some years ago. Greek Cypriot members of EOKA being responsible. Then you are to young to remember who the enemy was.

Nutty

3. Nutty,

You forget that with our transatlantic cousins it is always do as I say, not do as I do, and as for Cypriots calling others hypocrits, well.

4. It made me laugh though, have the US now run out of excuses that they have to turn and blame other countries?

I do realise that this country is not so innocent but then again, they do not forget easy. As once, a local said to me;

For every wrong the Brits have done on this Island, I can name a retaliation Cyprus has turned to. However, this island acts like a crazed middle aged woman than a country!

5. That's no way to describe the PM's wife!