CVS Dream On

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If we build them they will come!!!!! or so they say :evil:

2. I reckon we will get them, but if the Crabs can manage a syncronised triple landing like that shown in the vid I'll eat my lid!!!
    (all together and on the centre line)

3. CVS were built almost 30 years ago i think :) ;)
    If you mean CVF I woudnt bet on it. I think the govenment does inteand on eventually ordering them at the moment. But reports have stated that the French arnt as keen as they once were on ordering the third one. This will dramatically raise build costs for us if only two are going to be built. And the money is the sticking problem as it already is.

4. who made the vid and why, total bollocks what was the purpose except trying to market them. Toss

5. I've never been into fiction!

6. The Comprehensive Spending Review, which will be published later this year, will clearly outline the Government's commitment to defence over the next 10-20 years (+). It will also provide an insight into Brown's level of understanding of military requirements. It is clear that one of the 3 services will loose out, as there is not enough cash to protect the RN Carrier, RAF Fighter and the Army FRES projects as they stand.

Watch this space for a woolly commitment to all three projects, and in the fullness of time it will probably become apparent that all 3 have serious problems, which stem to under investment and lack of forethought!

7. There's an election looming in Scotland, and it seems the SNP are in front in the polls.

Do you think Labour Lite will make an announcement shortly, or am I being cynical?

8. I doubt we will ever see them , I would love to be proved wrong by the way , just cant see it somehow , :???:

9. Hopefully they will, for once, use their cycicism for a good purpose. The more I think about it I think you could be right, ie: announce the contracts weeks in Arpil, just before the elections.

10. Perhaps as model ships?

11. It will never happen.For starters we dont have enough crew to man it,second we only got a handfull of planes!Might as well have a platform on a barge towed behind a Sweeper!

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Opsec andy Opsec, you've just given away plan B :shock: :shock:

13. Awww bollocks,looks like my post will be "dogged"!!!

14. Of course we'll get them!

CVS does stand for "Corvette, Very Small" doesn't it?

15. Nah its Computerised Vessel Shite.

16. Never get them , I hope we do , but just cant see it somehow , :???:

17. Crap Virtual Ships.

Semper Strenuissima.