Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rodeo, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone im just wondering will the government cuts affect recruiting.ive been through the recruit process since october and its looking like i could be waiting for even longer going in for ME.i dont mind waiting 10 or 12 months but any longer would be sh1tty.
  2. Steady there fella, don't forget about the AFCO Christmas lay-offs
  3. I'm pretty sure I could set up a wooden stand, press my best suit and paint me a sign saying "Gen-u-whine RN advice, £10/5 mins" just outside.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Make sure you wear a uniform (I'm sure the old timers will say you look like a turd), and they will form an orderly queue.
  5. Disregard last, stall shall now be dual- Advice and Euthanasia.
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'll have the portacabin next door, "helping milfs get over the loss of your child".
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So is there any truth to the rumour that all potential recruits are to be put on hold for the next eighteen months?

This will give the Government a chance to reduce over all man power through natural wastage with out having to overtly be seen implementing cuts and the dreaded redundancies.

Just wondering.....
  8. Well I read a credible source, which said the government will aim to slow recruitment for the armed forces. It's no surprise really.

Currently, the RAF will bear the brupt of the cuts in spending.
  9. Having seen the figures for the next 2 years I can tell you that the recruits required is significantly lower than forecast. For example there will be nobody joining up in July/ Aug next year and there will be blank weeks where no classes are taken on throughout hte terms.
  10. That's a real shame (note; sarcastic undertones).