"Cutaways" - Diagrams/Images - WW II

Discussion in 'History' started by bigbaddog, Jul 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting stuff :thumright:
  2. Excellent stuff BBD. Thought I recognised a few of the cutaways and tactical drawings. They are from a book called "Britain's Wonderful Fighting Forces", which must have been published early on in the war,
    I guess April/May 1940, since it has a plan of the Battle of the Plate, and a photo of the Board of Admiralty in March 1940, but no mention of Dunkirk.
    In fact it also has a sectional picture of the Maginot Line, and a comparison between the British/French/German/Italian fleets.
    The section headings are of interest - "Britain's Winged Warriors", "Men of Steel", and "Our Unchallengeable Navy".
    My Dad passed it on to me just after the war, when I was about twelve, so I've had it for sixty years!! Still a good read though, especially with the hindsight that we now have regarding the war.

3. Thank you for that It's interesting, particularly the How a pilot is trained.
  4. Thought these were great, reminded me of the old war annuals my Grandad gave me when I was younger.