Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently joining.. How has your life been in the Navy?

joeydav

Midshipman
I'm currently in the recruitment process but I'd like to know a little more about the lifestyle. I've heard it's a lot different to what it was back in the day but.. Do you still travel as much? What is exactly on the ships? What would a typical week consist of?

Feel free to tell me what your experience has been like, it's interesting to read :)

Thanks

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Don't work for a newspaper by any chance do you? What branch are you going for as each branch has a different "day".

joeydav

Midshipman
Lol at least I know they have a sense of humour

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

slim

War Hero
It isn't much use asking an individual how life has been for him/her, it is their life and they will each have lived it differently. Times when they have thoroughly enjoyed life and times when they have detested it.
Life is what you make it.
When I left the RN I was both happy & sad at the same time, happy that I was now a civiie and sad that I would no longer be working alongside my oppos.
So join up and try to enjoy it but at teh end of the day it is up to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
MoD_RSS The VMD switchboard service is currently unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD web services currently unavailable MoD News 0
J Currently in the recruitment process (FAA Pilot application) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Bankruptcy application currently unavailable. MoD News 0
G Any WAFUs currently working on F35 Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: VMD web services currently unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: GLD are currently experiencing issues with the phone lines MoD News 0
soleil RAF: "Four Lightning jets of 617 Squadron Are Currently Refuelling Off The Coast Of Canada On Their Way To The UK & Their New Home Of RAF Marham." The Fleet Air Arm 5
J Finger Tattoo's. Currently being removed. Will i get turned down? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
PotentialCT Currently week 5 HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 29
M Which branch shortest waiting times currently? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
Hooly what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members? Miscellaneous 8
dsgrnmcm Purchasing a married quarter you currently live in? Finance & Pensions 29
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competitions Currently Running Competitions 5
soleil Mail: "On Board Naval Destroyer HMS Liverpool, Currently Under Enemy Fire Off Libya" The Fleet 0
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
witsend Currently on leave Diamond Lil's 13
davemac32 Currently on leave from Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
left_handed_sailor Anyone here currently in 815? The Fleet Air Arm 14
S RNR Officer - Human IntelligenceI am currently a Police Offi Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
mikh Anyone Currently Serving on a pussers war canoe Site Issues 0
P Joining during COVID-19 RFA 3
O Joining date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
F Joining RNR/RMR - Potential Transfer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
A Course joining instructions Bases / Shore Est 7
D Female joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Pre Joining Fitness Test Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
I Officer joining requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
chorzxx Pre-joining fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Trying to trump the age stakes. Joining at 38, possibilities? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
A Joining up with hay-fever. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Joining with hay-fever. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Multiirishman Joining the Rfa RFA 18
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
Y Issue about Joining (Asperger's) Joining the Royal Navy 1
H Joining as a marine engineer (submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W Joining kit l Joining the Royal Navy 36
N Joining Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
S Joining tip’s and info Joining the Royal Navy 74
TechnicPR Joining with Aspergers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F Joining as a Systems Engineer as an ETO on Cruise Ships RFA 4
A Am I banned from joining the navy? Joining the Royal Navy 39
O Buying Life Insurance before joining... Finance & Pensions 17
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
E Considering joining the Royal Navy- looking for advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16