Currently in the recruitment process (FAA Pilot application)

jnc90

Midshipman
Hi all! Just signed up to the site after using it as a very useful resource base the past few months. After a lot of consideration and research since the age limit for the pilot roles changed last year I applied for Aircrew Officer Pilot back in October. Been progressing recruitment process which has been fairly slow progress so far. I've passed the eye test and just yesterday passed the medical, now waiting to hear about the next stage. I believe this is the fitness test which just involves a 2.4k run? Does anyone have an estimate how soon after the medical they will ask me in for the PJFT?

Also, thinking further down the line are there any typical time frames for when I could expect to be asked to an AIB, if I was to make it to that stage?

Thanks!

soleil

War Hero
I believe this is the fitness test which just involves a 2.4k run? Does anyone have an estimate how soon after the medical they will ask me in for the PJFT?

Also, thinking further down the line are there any typical time frames for when I could expect to be asked to an AIB, if I was to make it to that stage?

Thanks!

My estimate is that you will receive an instruction letter and a list of fitness centres at which you can book your PJFT within the next two weeks, at which point you will have 7 days to book the test and 14 to take it.

Off the cuff estimate for the AIB? The spring.

Be sure to speak to the AFCO for more precise information, though.

jnc90

Midshipman
Just carried out a 'search', found top right on home page and dug up these. Follow link, one may be of interest!
Pilot Recruitment Search!
Thanks for the link, have done a few searches and read plenty of older threads on here in the past months. Couldn't find anything recent that answered my query about the AIB though, hence the post.

My estimate is that you will receive an instruction letter and a list of fitness centres at which you can book your PJFT within the next two weeks, at which point you will have 7 days to book the test and 14 to take it.

Off the cuff estimate for the AIB? The spring.

Be sure to speak to the AFCO for more precise information, though.
Thanks very muc for the info. Shortly after posting I had the message to contact the fitness centre so will call to book in my PJFT sometime today.

The AFCO weren't able to give me an estimate on when the AIB is likely to be just said that they believe there is a waiting list/back log at the moment. Spring would be good timing though if that were the case.

If for example I was unable to make the dates that they gave me for the AIB, what would happen then? Would I be able to attend a future one or would I only be offered one chance to attend an AIB? Assuming there would be several months delay at least if I was to postpone it though?

jnc90

Midshipman
PJFT booked in for just under 2 weeks time, so planning to get in plenty of practice and cardio work in the next 10 days or so.

Another quick question regarding the next steps, I realise there may be a few months wait until the AIB if I get that far but as for the sift interview and FATs, do these tend to come soon after the PJFT or will the FATs likely be nearer the dates of the AIB?

And finally (for now), when it does come to AIB do applicants find out on the weekend if they have passed or not and when a training start date would be?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, I have tried to find previous answers first. Basically my current job situation is all up in the air at the moment so trying to plan a few different scenarios and the likely process and timings of my RN application.

baldie

Midshipman
And finally (for now), when it does come to AIB do applicants find out on the weekend if they have passed or not and when a training start date would be?
You will find out if you have passed and will be given an indication on if you will get a place at BRNC. The selection board sits at a later date (ask your OCLO) and you will be notified by letter either way.

jnc90

Midshipman
You will find out if you have passed and will be given an indication on if you will get a place at BRNC. The selection board sits at a later date (ask your OCLO) and you will be notified by letter either way.
Thanks for the info :) Excuse my ignorance, still getting up to speed with all the acronyms, what does OCLO stand for? Assuming it's the careers officer?

baldie

Midshipman
Yes, your OCLO is your Officer Careers Liaison Officer - usually the person who did your Career discussion etc.