Current waiting times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gotto, Nov 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am currently in the process of becoming an AET and i understand that the waiting time for the job could be anything from 6-24 months. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the current waiting time for an ETME SUBMARINER is?

Thank you.
  2. Thanks aha.
  3. Hi mate, I'm applied for AET too, sat the RT last August, and going to Raleigh on 13th of March, so mine hasn't been too bad. Good time to apply for the FAA with the new carriers and AW Wildcat helos coming in too, bringing the waiting times down. Hope this helps :)
  4. Cheers, i think im AFCO might be slow as i sat my RT test last June and still dont have a date.
  5. And i apparently did very well
  6. I didn't get a date until a year after I sat my RT.

As long as you have sat your RT and passed it, your in the system, its just a waiting game.
  7. A year? You lucky, lucky bastard. I think it was 18 months for me. Still waiting will be over by the end of the week!
  8. Rang the Plymouth recruiting office yesterday and was told its a 14 month wait for aet
  9. Carrier, as in singular my bold :lol: ps your AW wildcat in search and rescue roll!!! With no aircrewman diver onboard!!:dontknow: Whilst embarked as plane guard :frustrated:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  10. To the OP, don't change branches just to queue jump, you'll only regret it later.
  11. Im just wondering what the waiting times for ETME Sub is?
  12. I've applied as a ETME (SM) not sure on the waiting time like but I wouldn't imagine it'll be much better than AET.

It seems like Raleigh is fully booked for 12 months no matter what you go in as.

Maybe I'm wrong and if I pass everything they'll bundle me straight in the back of a van and drop me off in Torpoint?