Current security alert

imom1406

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
Lingyai said:
Banning anyone who even looks like a muslim from working in these industries would help. I know there are a few that are white nutters who have converted but not that many. The time for pc and liberal nonsense are at an end, the time has come to protect ourselves against this enemy regardless of upsetting them. To make an omlette you have to break a few eggs.
And precisely what does a Muslim look like?

Considering some Muslims look quite European, some look quite Indian, some look quite African, and some look quite Chinese we have now banned almost every one in the world from working in airport security, except perhaps the Eskimos, and Hitlers blonde Aryans. Next good idea?

Peter
Sorry matey...Eslimo's look a little Chinese...can't have them!

Maxi_77 said:
Lingyai said:
Banning anyone who even looks like a muslim from working in these industries would help. I know there are a few that are white nutters who have converted but not that many. The time for pc and liberal nonsense are at an end, the time has come to protect ourselves against this enemy regardless of upsetting them. To make an omlette you have to break a few eggs.

Considering some Muslims look quite European, some look quite Indian, some look quite African, and some look quite Chinese we have now banned almost every one in the world from working in airport security, except perhaps the Eskimos, and Hitlers blonde Aryans. Next good idea?

Peter
So starts with the arab looking buch first, why not?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
imom1406 said:
There are a 1000 low tech ways to bring down passenger aircraft, Islamic terrorists are strictly low tech and this is why it is difficult to weedle them out. The IRA would seem like a highly technically advanced military super power compared to half a dozen stone age fundamentalists farting about with cleaning products and fertilizer.

But the fact that they take sooo long to plan and carry out their tasks in the name of Allah....peace be upon him (TWAT). Show a lack of support in the wider Islamic community. The back room staff in and around Heathrow for example, inclusding baggage handlers , cleaners etc. are from islamic/asian backgrounds.

So think about it, if cleaners on Airoplanes have access to all its private area and carry cleaning liquids of all sorts. What is stopping them taking down a 747....answer. Loonies don't have that much support, with the exception of the British liberal press!
Although I am not a limp-wristed liberal but a member of the human race, I was a bit surprised by the questionable remark about Allah (however it was intended) which could be offensive to peace-loving Muslims who do not advocate terrorism (i.e. the large majority).

I don't have a problem with anyone taking an aggressive anti-terrorism stance, but let's be careful when making sweeping statements about another person's religion!

If the shoe was on the other foot and you were accused of being a card-carrying member of the NF (or some other right-wing fascist organisation that condoned ethnic cleansing of anyone with a different belief to your own), wouldn't you be offended?

Many Muslims/Hindus/Buddhists/etc. serve in the Armed Forces without any problem. I myself am an Irish Catholic from a Republican family, but that does not make me a member of the IRA!

Do you think that a member of Al-Qaeda (or which ever terrorist organisation is flavour of the month with the security services) is bothered if a Muslim is a victim of one of its own bombs? As someone rightly pointed out earlier; faith and religion are not necessarily the same thing. A person can be religious without being faithful; someone who has faith in an ideology is not necessarily religious.

imom1406

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
imom1406 said:
There are a 1000 low tech ways to bring down passenger aircraft, Islamic terrorists are strictly low tech and this is why it is difficult to weedle them out. The IRA would seem like a highly technically advanced military super power compared to half a dozen stone age fundamentalists farting about with cleaning products and fertilizer.

But the fact that they take sooo long to plan and carry out their tasks in the name of Allah....peace be upon him (TWAT). Show a lack of support in the wider Islamic community. The back room staff in and around Heathrow for example, inclusding baggage handlers , cleaners etc. are from islamic/asian backgrounds.

So think about it, if cleaners on Airoplanes have access to all its private area and carry cleaning liquids of all sorts. What is stopping them taking down a 747....answer. Loonies don't have that much support, with the exception of the British liberal press!
Although I am not a limp-wristed liberal but a member of the human race, I was a bit surprised by the questionable remark about Allah (however it was intended) which could be offensive to peace-loving Muslims who do not advocate terrorism (i.e. the large majority).

I don't have a problem with anyone taking an aggressive anti-terrorism stance, but let's be careful when making sweeping statements about another person's religion!

If the shoe was on the other foot and you were accused of being a card-carrying member of the NF (or some other right-wing fascist organisation that condoned ethnic cleansing of anyone with a different belief to your own), wouldn't you be offended?

Many Muslims/Hindus/Buddhists/etc. serve in the Armed Forces without any problem. I myself am an Irish Catholic from a Republican family, but that does not make me a member of the IRA!

Do you think that a member of Al-Qaeda (or which ever terrorist organisation is flavour of the month with the security services) is bothered if a Muslim is a victim of one of its own bombs? As someone rightly pointed out earlier; faith and religion are not necessarily the same thing. A person can be religious without being faithful; someone who has faith in an ideology is not necessarily religious.
Sorry to cause such offense, i do not descriminate in my distain for religion in all it's forms and the pain and anguish it has caused throughout the centuries, particularly the monotheistic Judaic/Christian ones, which includes Islam. Don't get me on the caring Christian God and what man does in his name.

religions of all flavours, probably with the exception of Bhudism (not strictly a religion), have always been used as an excuse by man to persecute one another.

Christian Fundamentalism - America
Jewish radicalism - Isreal
Radical Islam - Worldwide

Also the way that radicalism in all forms stifles thought and debate is dangerous, if i upset a muslim, a jew, a hindu whoever, i am sorry but i do not believe the worlds problems lie in your religions, it lies in better open communications, education and open mindedness. Closing down in a set of religious beliefs can only end in tears.

Just look at creationist theory in the US and how it now has state backing....terrifying.

Question everything, accept nothing!

imom1406 said:
Sorry to cause such offense, i do not descriminate in my distain for religion in all it's forms and the pain and anguish it has caused throughout the centuries, particularly the monotheistic Judaic/Christian ones, which includes Islam. Don't get me on the caring Christian God and what man does in his name.

religions of all flavours, probably with the exception of Bhudism (not strictly a religion), have always been used as an excuse by man to persecute one another.

Also the way that radicalism in all forms stifles thought and debate is dangerous, if i upset a muslim, a jew, a hindu whoever, i am sorry but i do not believe the worlds problems lie in your religions, it lies in better open communications, education and open mindedness. Closing down in a set of religious beliefs can only end in tears.

Just look at creationist theory in the US and how it now has state backing....terrifying.

Whilst also a non subscriber to any of the religious groupings, they are in many ways an essential part of human life. Many do find the need to have such beliefs, and they will persist even in the face of concerted efforts to erradicate them, remeber the resurestion of the Orthodox church in Russia after the demise of the SU.

The problem is far more to do with people using the 'faithful' to obtain power, money and influence which is not justified through general public support. OBL for example only leads an Islamic terror group because he was born a Muslim, if he had been born a Christian he would be leading a Christian terror group.

If you remove religion you will create a vacumn and it's place will be filled with, wait for it, another religion. And that new religion will of course slimter into sects and they will all claim to be the true followers and off we go again.

Peter

McHammock

Lantern Swinger
GCYZ said:
rosinacarley said:
Really stupid question. Now that you can only take the bare essentials through security at airports, does that mean that you cannot purchase anything in duty free?
Flew on friday. Restrictions only apply to items taken through security. Purchases can still be made in 'airside' shops. WH Smiths etc. where making a killing.
Heard on news that flights to USA do NOT allow any purchases airside.
Perhaps now that security status has been downgraded to "mild panic", restrictions may be relaxed.

McHammock

Lantern Swinger
Lingyai said:
Lingyai,
Your racist remarks are getting tedious. Time to get out your "Oxygen Thief" badge again ???

Lingyai said:
Maxi_77 said:
Lingyai said:

Peter
So starts with the arab looking buch first, why not?
But very many arabs look like europeans, that is the problem, many of the UK terrorists look Indian, but most Indians are Hindu, and I can pass for a lapsed Sikh. Next you will be suggesting we should exclude people whose eyebrows meet, or have hook shaped noses, or sticky out ears. Perhaps we should look at bumps on the head to identify terrorists or perhaps cast them in the village duckpond and all those who dont drown will be classed as terrorists.

Peter

imom1406

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
imom1406 said:

Whilst also a non subscriber to any of the religious groupings, they are in many ways an essential part of human life. Many do find the need to have such beliefs, and they will persist even in the face of concerted efforts to erradicate them, remeber the resurestion of the Orthodox church in Russia after the demise of the SU.

The problem is far more to do with people using the 'faithful' to obtain power, money and influence which is not justified through general public support. OBL for example only leads an Islamic terror group because he was born a Muslim, if he had been born a Christian he would be leading a Christian terror group.

If you remove religion you will create a vacumn and it's place will be filled with, wait for it, another religion. And that new religion will of course slimter into sects and they will all claim to be the true followers and off we go again.

Peter
You are absolutely right..in my opinion...which means that religion is an excuse to justify particular sets of behaviours...and it is Man that uses such tribal labels to give themselves a sense of belonging. That is why i challenge them when their aim is to restrict debate and the spread of knowledge. Most religions do this....Christianity in most of it's forms, certainly Islam, Judaism, Hinduism the list is endless....John Lenon got it right!

imom1406 said:
You are absolutely right..in my opinion...which means that religion is an excuse to justify particular sets of behaviours...and it is Man that uses such tribal labels to give themselves a sense of belonging. That is why i challenge them when their aim is to restrict debate and the spread of knowledge. Most religions do this....Christianity in most of it's forms, certainly Islam, Judaism, Hinduism the list is endless....John Lenon got it right!
It though is not so much the religions that cause the problems but those who try to use then to their own ends. And remeber some of the worlds nastiest people, Stalin and Pol Pot for example simply replaced religion with another non religious belief set to satisfy their aims.

Remember being violently anti religious is as bad as being violently religious.

Peter

imom1406

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
imom1406 said:
It though is not so much the religions that cause the problems but those who try to use then to their own ends. And remeber some of the worlds nastiest people, Stalin and Pol Pot for example simply replaced religion with another non religious belief set to satisfy their aims.

Remember being violently anti religious is as bad as being violently religious.

Peter
Again you are right....i am not violently anti religious, i'm not violently anything, i see religions as artificial constructs used by Man to control or manipulate the people...whether it is religion, communism, stalinism or any other "ism" is an irrelevance.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ism schmism! Whatever people's beliefs no-one is in any position to ridicule or mock them, as it would show our own ignorance of the world we live in today.

Having said that, the days of people using religion as an excuse to inflict pain and suffering on others should have disappeared with the end of the Second World War. And as is so apparent since the dark days of Nazism, there is enough religion in the world to make people hate each other, but not enough to make people love each other.

imom1406

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Ism schmism! Whatever people's beliefs no-one is in any position to ridicule or mock them, as it would show our own ignorance of the world we live in today.

Having said that, the days of people using religion as an excuse to inflict pain and suffering on others should have disappeared with the end of the Second World War. And as is so apparent since the dark days of Nazism, there is enough religion in the world to make people hate each other, but not enough to make people love each other.
I am a absolute believer in the right of people to think, speak and follow a religion. What i object to is when said activities directly affect my right to the freedoms, most people on this site have fought for.

Sadly, the warm caring side of these religions, (let us not forget, the basic fact that they all preach love and understanding and treating your neighbour as you would want to be treated) is circumvented by the more pernicious prescriptive element. This then creates a blanket hatred against them.

And yes i do not beleive in organised religion, thats my choice. I am delighted that others do...and that is fine...But i am not an infidel who should burn in hell for my beliefs, or any other form of un believer who should forego his right to exist, because someone interprets an old book in a particular way.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

WarMonger

War Hero
imom1406 said:
Sadly, the warm caring side of these religions, (let us not forget, the basic fact that they all preach love and understanding and treating your neighbour as you would want to be treated) is circumvented by the more pernicious prescriptive element. This then creates a blanket hatred against them.
I strongly believe that large scale "organised" religions of all denominations are no less self serving, ignorant of others around them and free of corruption than policitially motivated organisations such as Communism, Fascism etc all trying to acheive world domination of hearts and minds by various similar methods.

sgtpepperband said:

I would suggest that by criticising the religion or religions you are attacking the tool rather than the user of the tool. These people are the problem, be they religious or in some cases political. They manipulate and get their misled supporters to do their dirty work for them. You don't see OBL blowing up a plane, just some poor unfortunate who has been misled and bullied into doing it.

Peter

imom1406

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
sgtpepperband said:

I would suggest that by criticising the religion or religions you are attacking the tool rather than the user of the tool. These people are the problem, be they religious or in some cases political. They manipulate and get their misled supporters to do their dirty work for them. You don't see OBL blowing up a plane, just some poor unfortunate who has been misled and bullied into doing it.

Peter
That is a bit like saying "people don't kill people, guns do" , you can't really divorce the religious belief from the act!

imom1406 said:
That is a bit like saying "people don't kill people, guns do" , you can't really divorce the religious belief from the act!
Of course you can, most Muslims don't actually believe terrorism is good, ofr if you think they do you are taking on an impossible task. If yo treat all Muslims as fanatics you will create many more fanatics than you had at the start, just as Israel has probably created more support for Hezbollah in the past few weeks than Hezbollah could ever have done on it's own.

Peter

imom1406

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
imom1406 said:
Of course you can, most Muslims don't actually believe terrorism is good, ofr if you think they do you are taking on an impossible task. If yo treat all Muslims as fanatics you will create many more fanatics than you had at the start, just as Israel has probably created more support for Hezbollah in the past few weeks than Hezbollah could ever have done on it's own.

Peter
I take your point, but the one thing all the terrorist activities and atrocities have in common, is radical islam.....sorry but it is a fact. I'm not saying everyone is a terrorist, but those who believe that the 12th prophet will only appear from the well in Iran after the destruction of the infidel and armagheddon is a strong belief help by many Shi'ite muslims, Amedinajad for one.

A faction of the religion encourages the death of martyrs in the struggle. There is no leader in Islam who is denouncing this view.....so in effect, it is becoming the received shi'ite islamic view.

I take your point, but the one thing all the terrorist activities and atrocities have in common, is radical islam.....sorry but it is a fact. I'm not saying everyone is a terrorist, but those who believe that the 12th prophet will only appear from the well in Iran after the destruction of the infidel and armagheddon is a strong belief help by many Shi'ite muslims, Amedinajad for one.[/quote]

More people have been killed in the UK by Christian terrorists in the last 50 years than by Muslim ones. Your memory is short. More people have been killed in Europe by non Muslim terrorists in the past 50 years than have been killed by Muslims. How many people were killed in Oklahoma by a US fundamentalist. The capacity to enact terror is in no way restricted to radical muslims, just think how many died under Pol Pot.

imom1406 said:
A faction of the religion encourages the death of martyrs in the struggle. There is no leader in Islam who is denouncing this view.....so in effect, it is becoming the received shi'ite islamic view.
How many Muslim leaders have you listened to, all of the UK ones I have heard speeking over the past few years have been wholly against terror. One of the real problems is that the UK press in general only print the litany of hate from from the radical clerics, they don't bother with the mainstream leaders because there is no shoch horror fear headline to be had. How about from the BBC today

The Muslim community in the UK must "admit it has a problem" with extremism, a Muslim leader has said. Haras Rafiq, of the Sufi Muslim Council, said the government must also give more support to those trying to root out extremism.

Peter

Latest Threads