Cures for insomnia

At the moment I'm sleeping badly, and to solve this I opened my bedroom window to cool the room down, and was out like a light.

2DD's suggestion of alcohol is more pleasurable though; go with that!

jjp23

Lantern Swinger
Drink seems like the best option.

Although i could lend you my mother in law. Just sit and have conversation with her and zzzzzzzzzz.

Ps. If i lend her to you, she can not be returned.

jjp23 said:
Drink seems like the best option.

Although i could lend you my mother in law. Just sit and have conversation with her and zzzzzzzzzz.

Ps. If i lend her to you, she can not be returned.
Problem with mother in laws is they smell, smelly knickers, silent farts always blaming the dog etc.

Thought the poor old mother in law was smelling more normal when she used to live with us. The Doc reckons she had been dead a week.

WreckerL said:
A couple of whiskey's does it for me
Talking of whiskey, I have a slightly bone question.

I don't drink whiskey much and my experience of it is limited.
Unfortunately my grandfather passed away last year and we have been sorting out his stuff. In his house I found the following whiskey:

Jonny Walker Black Label, with about 1/4 missing.
Glenfiddich 12 year, unopened boxed.
Glenfiddich 15 year, with about 1/4 missing.
Glenmorangie 12 year, unopened boxed.

Are any of these any good? More importantly are the ones that have been opened still drinkable? I can't verify their age.

2_deck_dash said:
WreckerL said:

Unfortunately my grandfather passed away last year and we have been sorting out his stuff. In his house I found the following whiskey:

Are any of these any good? More importantly are the ones that have been opened still drinkable? I can't verify their age.
They're all good ones IMO, the open ones should still be drinkable and there's only one way to find out :wink:

2_deck_dash said:
WreckerL said:

They're all good ones IMO, the open ones should still be drinkable and there's only one way to find out :wink:

2_deck_dash said:
Jonny Walker Black Label, with about 1/4 missing. A good blended for mixing or if you fancy one with ice (social death supposedly but if you want a cool long drink it's lovely)

Glenfiddich 12 year, unopened boxed. Quite good single malt, not too peaty and will please most palates

Glenfiddich 15 year, with about 1/4 missing. As above, with a warmer more rounded after taste.

Glenmorangie 12 year, unopened boxed. Very pleasant single malt. Good quality, if anything a little cliched now, as it's served everywhere (a bit like Moet & Chandon, it's good but overused).

They will last indefinately. Any one of those would be welcomed by your unit at a pissup.