Cummings (and goings)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Translating House of Cards to Spanish presents difficulties don't you agree?
House--verb, noun
Casa alojar camara familia sala
of preposition de a para
and cards carta.

In Spanish it gets worse:-
de preposition conjunction and adverb!
from, of ,by ,with and than
but the naipes bit is clear.
What are you on you silly old fart?

Spain has been dragged into the 21st century (well, some of it) such that we have things like Netflix. Ask your carer.

And it would quite simply be 'La casa de cartas'.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I see you have been awarded a DUMB from our resident ******** Witsend.
Wear it with pride, anything that pisses him orf is OK by the rest of us :)
Will do old pal. I think he's found a full bottle of Lever's pills.
One of the problems with the use of icons on a message board, is that people sometimes take it as an insult. And sometimes other people even take offence on their behalf. I’ll give you both gold stars if it makes you happy.

taffscrivs

War Hero
One of the problems with the use of icons on a message board, is that people sometimes take it as an insult. And sometimes other people even take offence on their behalf. I’ll give you both gold stars if it makes you happy.
Would that be a BSA Goldstar by any chance? That would make me really happy! I've always wanted one but could never afford the sky high price...

taffscrivs

War Hero
A beezer Goldie, you are obviously a man with impeccably good taste :)
Iconic British bike, lovely to look at but can be a right sod to start.
My mate has one, a real head turner but one of the most uncomfortable bikes I've ever ridden.
A good investment though, he paid £4,500 for his six years ago. Value now? Around twelve or thirteen grand!

rumtubb

Badgeman
Iconic British bike, lovely to look at but can be a right sod to start.
My mate has one, a real head turner but one of the most uncomfortable bikes I've ever ridden.
A good investment though, he paid £4,500 for his six years ago. Value now? Around twelve or thirteen grand!
1623409983396.png
Difficult to start BSA bikes? This one was near bloody impossible most of the time.