Cummings (and goings)

Drakey

War Hero
Last year nobody believed this bloke about his reasons for travelling to Durham during the pandemic and his drive to a beauty spot for an "eye check" to make sure that he was okay to drive. Following yesterdays diatribe the media are tripping over themselves in a rush to believe everything that he utters from his mouth.
Oh what a fickle lot they are.

Drakey

War Hero
During yesterday's "honest guv" session he admitted that his original version of "Barnard Castle" was not wholly correct.

Ballistic

War Hero
It should be interesting later this morning when Matt Hancock is being questioned.

The care homes debacle will be to the fore I suspect.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
He's an awful little goblin that can't understand why other people don't think he's as amazing as he thinks he is - I'm not convinced he's very bright, but I'm positive he's entirely lacking in emotional intelligence. His finding an outlet to spew his views was inevitable after he was cast aside; that the Prime Minister ever hired him in the first place I think says a lot about his judgement.

Is one liar telling the truth about another liar? If I was the Health Secretary I'd be wondering if the back benches were comfortable (though I wouldn't stake anything on his being sacked) because he looks like the best candidate to be the sacrificial lamb. As for the PM? Those who are opposed to Boris Johnson will leap all over this obviously, but I doubt it will affect the views of those who support him because Cummings is a such a dis-likeable weasel that the truth or otherwise of his accusations will be an irrelevance to them, so I don't expect this to have any great impact.

D

Deleted 108567

He's an awful little goblin that can't understand why other people don't think he's as amazing as he thinks he is - I'm not convinced he's very bright, but I'm positive he's entirely lacking in emotional intelligence. His finding an outlet to spew his views was inevitable after he was cast aside; that the Prime Minister ever hired him in the first place I think says a lot about his judgement.

Is one liar telling the truth about another liar? If I was the Health Secretary I'd be wondering if the back benches were comfortable (though I wouldn't stake anything on his being sacked) because he looks like the best candidate to be the sacrificial lamb. As for the PM? Those who are opposed to Boris Johnson will leap all over this obviously, but I doubt it will affect the views of those who support him because Cummings is a such a dis-likeable weasel that the truth or otherwise of his accusations will be an irrelevance to them, so I don't expect this to have any great impact.
He is refreshingly outspoken rocking the Establishments boat. All power to his elbow.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
He is refreshingly outspoken rocking the Establishments boat. All power to his elbow.
I disagree - to me being refreshingly outspoken would be him being an individual with integrity speaking up where he sees a lack of it. While everything he's said may be (and probably is) true, I don't think he's speaking up for any reason beyond his own desire for revenge on those that he thinks have wronged him. Cummings is a contemptible individual who cares nothing for lives lost and everything about his own fragile ego; which is why he said none of this before. Integrity and Cummings do not go together. That's also why I doubt his 'revelations' will cause any lasting damage to the PM.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
If, what Cummings has said is true, why has he waited until now to tell the world? Why did he not come forward and 'save' the thousands of deaths he is claiming lost. Is Cummings therefore just as culpable?

Latest Threads