Cumbria - fat capital of UK

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Flagdeck, Feb 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to see Gosport in there too. I loveeee food but to maintain a high level of obesity surely takes some effort?

2. Saw that on the news earlier, we are not all fat up here, some of us are just curvy ;)

3. No surprise. It's why I had to leave, I was outcast for having abs and visible ankle bones. Copeland, the borough in question is full of Iceland shopping, honking jam-eaters anyway who probably single handedly shoot the counties fat quota through the roof.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good evening you pair of wobble-bottoms :wave:

• Like Like x 3
  5. My ex home town, Donny, is second..........
    Arthur Scargill told us that when the pits shut the whole area will be desolated....starving kids with nowt to eat, people fighting over a crust of bread.
    ........mind you, he's always talked bollox.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It would be interesting to overlay the obesity hotspots with a map of high unemployment hotspots, "poverty", under-performing educational authorities, high levels of central and local government investment & Greggs retail outlets.

I'm not suggesting there is a link, quite the opposite: It would surely bust the myths.

• Like Like x 1
  7. conclusive proof if ever it was needed, that the jam eaters are from Haven........

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, it's all in the name isn't it?

Ninja_Stoker from the Rum Ration Forum was quoted as saying: "I bet more people join this forum, than yours, Lofty".

• Like Like x 1
  9. **** all wrong with Greggs, food of kings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tam Fry, from the National Obesity Forum, said: "The publication of these figures has to be welcomed because they will give local authorities a better chance of fighting obesity than did 15 years of tackling the epidemic from Westminster.

Apt name for a topic of obesity...............I knew his brother, Stir.......and his cousin, who was a diver....Deep......the French arm of the familiy also loved their scran....the French Fries.

11. The jam eaters at work today were rather circumspect in their lack of comments about this. Allerdale did not even make the top 10, I thought they would have been crowing about beating us at something

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nice to see North Yorkshire in the top rankings for obesity...Seriously though, the numbers are pretty shocking!