Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Culdrose Airday 2012 Cancelled

tommo

War Hero
Heard this yesterday. It's a fair call.

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I heard it was because of the breast implants thing. The Government said to get rid of all the useless tits and all the Woo's ran away and hid.

Waspie

War Hero
Strange cancelling because of runway repair. CU has defo more than one runway or is the plan to refurb all? If so then a few tax payers hard earned will be payed out this year. Especially as CU is a dedicated Helo base. If not solely RW then surely the FW could migrate to VL.

Why not have a purely RW air day. Nah!!! Methinks this is the start of one Naval Air Day per year. VL - 2012, CU - 2013 then bi-annually at the two air stations there after. :thumbup:

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it!!!!! :boogie: You know it makes sense - $$$$$$

G

guestm

Strange cancelling because of runway repair. CU has defo more than one runway or is the plan to refurb all? If so then a few tax payers hard earned will be payed out this year. Especially as CU is a dedicated Helo base. If not solely RW then surely the FW could migrate to VL.

Why not have a purely RW air day. Nah!!! Methinks this is the start of one Naval Air Day per year. VL - 2012, CU - 2013 then bi-annually at the two air stations there after. :thumbup:

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it!!!!! :boogie: You know it makes sense - $$$$$$

The subsidiary runway refurbishment will render large parts of the airfield unusable. 12/30 has already been done. FW do operate from CU daily with numerous Hawk moves and the Kingair (Jetstream replacement) Released to service in April.

It's been known for a while that Air Day at CU is dead, the annuncement is no surprise. There are a number of rumours doing the rounds as to why Airday 2012 is cancelled but I wouldn't bes surprised if CU never holds one again, the majority have been a major washout in the last few years, 2011 was an unmitigated disaster.

It is sad to see it go but to be honest VL and CU airdays are not a patch on what they once were anyway, not by a country mile.

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I went the the Airday at Culdrose a few years back whilst on holiday in St Ives. I thought it was quite good. The Iranian display team were good, and not only because the little planes they had could be tumbled around like paper aeroplanes... more because the commentator was quite insistent that "they are here to strengthen the bonds of friendship, unity and peace between our two nations". My dad and I found that quite funny. That, and the air display was done to "Flying Without Wings" without any hint of irony whatsoever.

slim

War Hero
Airday cancelled!:eek:

you lucky lucky bstrds:blob5:

When I was in I used to hate the fckn things=-(

off_les_aura

War Hero
It's been known for a while that Air Day at CU is dead, the annuncement is no surprise. There are a number of rumours doing the rounds as to why Airday 2012 is cancelled but I wouldn't bes surprised if CU never holds one again, the majority have been a major washout in the last few years, 2011 was an unmitigated disaster.

It is sad to see it go but to be honest VL and CU airdays are not a patch on what they once were anyway, not by a country mile.

Agreed mate. When it used to be cheap and cheerful, bring your kids for an ice-cream, watch the displays and have a go on the fairground, it was much more fun and arguably more successful. Around the mid-90's it started to go all commercial and corporate sponsored (and expensive) and it went shit. The weather hasn't helped CU though. 2006-2010 were complete wash-outs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Culdrose and Yeovilton Bases / Shore Est 20
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose: Lt Cdr Andrew ‘Tank’ Murray Clocks In Excess Of A Year – A Staggering 8,760 Hours - In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 31
soleil Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Make Thousands Of PPE Face Masks For Care Workers" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Face Of The Base: The Culdrose Crew Always On Call" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose: "820 Naval Air Squadron Training In The Mist" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Forces Network: "RNAS Culdrose Leads Royal Navy Drone Research" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose "The Game On Every (Naval) Aviator’s Christmas List." The Fleet Air Arm 17
Z Sports at Yeovilton and Culdrose Joining the Royal Navy 3
Walter_white RNAS Yeovilton and RNAS culdrose Summer leave Bases / Shore Est 1
A Culdrose- Britain's busiest SAR base. The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil West Briton: "Cornish Sailors From Culdrose Remember Those Killed On The Somme" The Fleet Air Arm 0
W Unhappy son at Culdrose The Fleet Air Arm 128
soleil West Briton: "RNAS Culdrose Sailors Thank Shoppers For RNRMC Donations" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Culdrose Crew Describe Night Rescue Of Fishermen During Storm" The Fleet Air Arm 11
soleil Scilly Today: "Navy Looking For Stories From People Rescued By Culdrose Helicopter" The Fleet Air Arm 1
M moving to Yeovil or Culdrose? Nearest & Dearest 63
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Culdrose 'Tank' Is One Of Navy's Top Fliers" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil RNAS Culdrose Air Day 2013 - Wednesday, 24th July 2013 The Fleet Air Arm 17
trelawney126 Culdrose Matelots upset the Birds The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil "Sailors From Culdrose Help Brew Beer To Mark 60 Years Of RN Search And Rescue" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil ThisIsTheWestCountry: "Culdrose Squadron Marks 60 Years Of Continual Service" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Falmouth Pkt: "Cornish Pirates Players Put Through Their Paces By Culdrose Trainers" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil "Navy's First Female Senior Observer Reaches Another Milestone At RNAS Culdrose" The Fleet Air Arm 7
trelawney126 Culdrose busy Lunatic Hunting The Fleet Air Arm 13
trelawney126 BZ SAR Culdrose The Fleet Air Arm 14
MoD_RSS DIO delivers final bed space at Culdrose Current Affairs 10
MoD_RSS Busy holiday season for Culdrose rescue crews Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RNAS Culdrose team deploys on counter-piracy operation Current Affairs 2
trelawney126 Culdrose Cabs in Norway for Exercises Current Affairs 1
soleil The One Show, Live From RNAS Culdrose - Friday, May 18th 2012 - 1900-2000 The Fleet Air Arm 29
S Culdrose The Gash Barge 10
MoD_RSS RNAS Culdrose to welcome Olympic Flame into UK Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS SSVC Forces Cinemas go digital at Culdrose Current Affairs 2
B RNAS Culdrose SCC and URNU 0
soleil Cornwall Community News: "Culdrose Bleu" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Navy News: "Forking Good Deed By Culdrose Fliers" The Fleet Air Arm 6
MoD_RSS Year's busiest week for Culdrose Search and Rescue Current Affairs 1
A AET's at Culdrose? Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Project landmark reached at Culdrose Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Junior Ratings move into their new home at RNAS Culdrose Current Affairs 12
soleil Navy News: "Crowds - And Clouds - At A Rain-Affected Culdrose Air Day" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Navy News: "Culdrose Welcomes The New Avengers" The Fleet Air Arm 16
soleil Thisisthewestcountry: "Culdrose Shooting Team Are Top Of The Shots" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil BBC Cornwall: "RNAS Culdrose Merlin Helicopters On NATO Exercise" The Fleet Air Arm 1
Patrick Travel to HMS Seahawk (RNAS Culdrose) Diamond Lil's 6
Patrick Summer Leave @ 824/Culdrose The Fleet Air Arm 5
U CULDROSE SEA KING SQUADRONS IN AFGHANISTAN Current Affairs 7
soleil BBC: Culdrose Search And Rescue Privatisation Plans Continue The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil RNAS Culdrose On Course To Meet PM's Energy-Saving Challenge The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil "Royal Visit For Sea King Force At Culdrose" The Fleet Air Arm 0