Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuba Question

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
BR 8587 (Leave and Travel Regulations) Article 0109 states that:

Serving personnel are not to proceed on leave to be spent outside the EC without first obtaining the permission of their CO. Such permission is subject to restrictions imposed by DNSy.

Personnel taking leave abroad will receive no assistance from the MOD. In particular the Ministry will accept no liability for medical expenses incurred abroad on leave including repatriation.

If you have an ISG account or access to the Defence Intranet I can PM you the web address for BR 8587 and also DNSy.

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Thanks SPB, I do have an IGS account but am at home this week.
I'm sure that someone at my place of work would be quite well genned up on these regulations but the Intraweb reference would be much appreciated.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
JG: Just got off the 'phone to the WOMAA at DNSy regarding your enquiry and he informed me that Cuba has now been taken off the list of restricted countries. Therefore my reference to BR 8587 above is no longer appropriate. You can now travel to Cuba without permission from your CO.

However he did advise that there does remain a possible threat to British/Western nationals in Cuba, and that you should take the usual necessary personal security measures that you and your family would normally do when travelling in any foreign country (don't draw attention to yourself, overtly advertise that you are Forces, Sharkwatch, etc.)

Hope that helps.

Jimmy - Green, does it have to be Cuba you visit or is it that part off the world and Cuba has some good deals? I only ask because I'm recently back from Jamaica (90 miles from Cuba) and could recommend somewhere we got as a better deal to Cuba.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Took me missus to the Caribbean the other week"
"Oh yeah? Jamaica?"
"Nah, she was really up for it!"

:wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Climate change in Cuba: call for bids MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK in Cuba: creating alliances in response to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cuba programme fund 2020 - 2021: call for bids MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New call for bids for the Cuba Programme Fund for the FY 2019-20. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RFA Fort Rosalie visits Cuba Current Affairs 0
soleil HMS Manchester In Havana For Anti-Narcotics Talks With Cuba The Fleet 6
D Medals Question Blogs 4
A Question for the Naval Engineers Submariners 2
D Sorry for an eyesight question Joining the Royal Navy 31
P Dumb Question too scared to ask the CPO Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
P Question for HM officers and those with an in-service degree Joining the Royal Navy 3
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
MoD_RSS Parliament approves veterans question in next Census MoD News 0
F Question about NSRT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Chef question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical question regarding an allergic reaction (sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Just a question regarding the initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Public given power to question ‘lenient’ prison sentences MoD News 0
J pre-joining question regarding medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Turkey military action in Syria: Urgent Question opening statement MoD News 0
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment on the Question of the Death Penalty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Rootstech London 2019 MoD News 0
A Question regarding pre-joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Question about Qualifications from Ireland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Ask a silly question… MoD News 0
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
R Royal Marines BMI/weight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
Max9393 Tattoo question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SnowGoose Intake question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
P Question: CD/ESD/UD/LD/TD in RNVR service Nos. History 4
LeedsBornLeedsBred Question regarding 4K squad run at PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 6
Maxpowers FAC and Shotgun cert holder question. Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
S Question about medical test for navy rating recruits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W RFA medical question RFA 2
T Intriguing Forces Question Diamond Lil's 18
Q Medical Record Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
U Interview soon, question about facial hair RFA 9
NotNickCarter Edinburgh Tattoo (2018) a question Current Affairs 3
Edward-t Question about eye surgery Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Question to any current/ex divers - Best ways to equalise? Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Question about allowances The Gash Barge 9
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
R Question regarding medical and headaches Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
John25 WW1 Medal Question History 6