Cuba Question

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Jimmy_Green, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would anyone be able to advise on current regulations with regard to taking leave in Cuba?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BR 8587 (Leave and Travel Regulations) Article 0109 states that:

If you have an ISG account or access to the Defence Intranet I can PM you the web address for BR 8587 and also DNSy.

3. Thanks SPB, I do have an IGS account but am at home this week.
    I'm sure that someone at my place of work would be quite well genned up on these regulations but the Intraweb reference would be much appreciated.

4. sgtpepperband

JG: Just got off the 'phone to the WOMAA at DNSy regarding your enquiry and he informed me that Cuba has now been taken off the list of restricted countries. Therefore my reference to BR 8587 above is no longer appropriate. You can now travel to Cuba without permission from your CO.

However he did advise that there does remain a possible threat to British/Western nationals in Cuba, and that you should take the usual necessary personal security measures that you and your family would normally do when travelling in any foreign country (don't draw attention to yourself, overtly advertise that you are Forces, Sharkwatch, etc.)

Hope that helps.

5. Very many thanks SPB for your time & trouble, much appreciated.

6. sgtpepperband

No worries; send us a postcard and don't forget to buy me a fridge magnet! :lol:

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Jimmy - Green, does it have to be Cuba you visit or is it that part off the world and Cuba has some good deals? I only ask because I'm recently back from Jamaica (90 miles from Cuba) and could recommend somewhere we got as a better deal to Cuba.

8. sgtpepperband

"Took me missus to the Caribbean the other week"
    "Oh yeah? Jamaica?"
    "Nah, she was really up for it!"

:wink:

9. Yes, but if you are now allowed to go there it won't be so much fun!! :razz:

10. wet_blobby

Never Banned from jamaica sir, only the dominican republic. :lol:

11. sgtpepperband

Caught with chicks with dicks, was it? Or maybe sluts with nuts... :twisted:

12. wet_blobby

Nah, Never had sex with a matelot :lol: