CTCRM 2011 leave dates

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by xdous, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi lads,

Just a quick one, does anyone know whether the 2011 leave dates for CTC have been released yet and what they are? Cheers.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Xmas Leave: 17 Dec 10 - 3 Jan 11

Easter Leave: 15 Apr - 2 May 11

Summer Leave: 12 Aug - 29 Aug 11

Xmas Leave: To be promulgated.
  3. Cheers for that.
  4. Xmas 2010 and Easter Confirmed as above

Summer 12 Aug - 05 Sep

Xmas Leave 2011 - 23 Dec - 09 Jan 2012

These came from a source at CTCRM

Hope this helps

5. Thanks for the information guys, however, I have one more query. The easter leave dates are the 15 Apr - 2 May so does this mean you have to be back down at CTC on the 2nd?
  6. Oh you lucky barsteward, 30 miler in August! :sunny: :angryfire: :blob6:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally leave expires at somewhere around 08:00 (a.m.) on the Monday, ie: work starts at that time.

Sometimes, when in training, leave may expire midnight the day before work commences, to ensure recruits get a few hours kip before rolling around on a muddy field again.

Specific timings will be advised by your troop training team. Dare I say it? common sense applies:

Those intending going on holiday abroad are advised not to travel on the day leave commences as start times may vary. Likewise, when returning from leave, you are advised to return to UK a full 24 hours before leave expires. In all instances individuals must purchase holiday cancellation insurance in case leave dates change due to service requirements. The service will not reimburse your fortnight's hol in Ibiza if leave dates alter, nor will they grant extra holiday leave for recruits.
  8. When I was travelling from lympswitz it was always a fooking security epic, trains block booked, helos in the air, large police presence at exeter etc

Is it no longer a security issue mass transporting nods...........

Genuine question, I'd have thought not splashing the details was a cunning plan
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My guess is the security is more low-key, however as I'm sure all are aware, the threat posed by 'home-grown' terrorist factions has only changed the source direction from the West toward the East.

In these days of suicide bombings, block booking trains makes a condensed target.
  10. Thanks for clearing that up Ninja.
  11. hi all,
    i finish Raleigh on the 29th july (10weeks basic training) and i was wondering whether we get summer leave or do we go straight into phase 2 training. i am going in as SEA SPEC so i'll be going down to collingwood. or do we start phase 2 training after summer leave on the 5th sept? or do we do 13 days of phase 2 and then leave then back on the 5th sept?

Summer 12 Aug - 05 Sep