CSP

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Shagtastic, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at the long cast for my next ship I notice there is a period of nearly 3 months marked "CSP (location tbc)".

Any idea what this stands for? Thanks

2. (Merlin) Capability Sustainment Plus Programme - I think!

3. any idea what it involves? just wondering because im looking at when leave might fall as it doesnt say on the long cast. we gonna be fairly local?

4. Ok thanks mate.

Anyone done a CSP, know where (if anywhere) I'm likely to be going - tryin to sort out me summer hols :afro:

5. Spoke to me DO in collingrad but none the wiser, as I said I've not yet started the draft, just got the drafting order through.

6. Totally agree. One quick call to the ship should give you an opportunity to get answers to all your questions.

SF

7. The longcast may have changed slightly by the time you get onboard.

Quick note to yourself; the RN has a lovely way of pinging newbies for duties, so don't be suprised if your summer leave has been replaced with summer duties!

You will need to talk to your future DO or anyone you know onboard your next draft as to when and what your ship is doing. For OPSEC reasons, it can not and will not be mentioned on this site. If it says ont he cast 'to be confirmed' then chances are, like the majority of the ships company, you will need to wait to find out.

8. All he did was ask what CSP (no dates) stood for and entailed. The definitions are available via open source so I don't think OPSEC really comes into it.

We get assigned now, not drafted by the way!

9. Chaz, I am reffering to the fact that the original poster is after information on where his ship will be and suched, this has not been made public, therefore, mentioning it on a web forum is breaking OPSEC.

As for assignments/drafts................drafting is still that, a draft, the RN has always been assigned to somewhere or another, they just called it a draft.

10. Chaz, I am reffering to the fact that the original poster is after information on where his ship will be and suched, this has not been made public, therefore, mentioning it on a web forum is breaking OPSEC.

A draft is a draft at the end of the day