CS95's

bunnyjumper said:
a big black bag of kit costing around a grand, and
[walks off in huff]
Did they line yours with gold?

I have big bags of green kit and big bags of sandy kit. If you merged the two together it would come to £8.73.

Have a word!

:)

M(R)

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
[quote="ROMFTOn the subject of Aussie rig: their version of CS95 is a fetching collection of coloured splotches including very nice lilac bunny rabbits![/quote]

And I thought they were vertically challenged kangaroos - must get my eyes tested or ... perhaps their camouflage is better than I thought!!!!

noemis

Lantern Swinger
CS95 very comfy!!

What is the problem with making CS95 flame retardent and blue, it 'aint exactly rocket science but they seem to have tried something similar and failed a couple of times!

CS95 is only practical attire for range as various layers are required for differing climatic conditions, we can't all hide below deck and, therefore, I would wager that is part of the reason for it's use for DF/RF. They'll be telling us next that we don't need webbing, just put your 25 round mag in your pocket!

Body armour and helmets, should they be blue too?

Anyone think that GSS(R) is becoming like the Royal Naval Division of WW1, trip to the Somme anyone or is that Sangin.

bunnyjumper

Lantern Swinger
Reservist-Monkey said:
bunnyjumper said:
a big black bag of kit costing around a grand, and
[walks off in huff]
Did they line yours with gold?

I have big bags of green kit and big bags of sandy kit. If you merged the two together it would come to £8.73.

Have a word!

:)

M(R)
That's what happens when you flog it on e-bay!! :D

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
I'd gladly wear CS95's over No's 4s. Loads comfier.

Speaking of body armour etc. Two of our lads transiting the suez were told they wouldn't need it cos they had RNR flashes on their shoulders.

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
trehorn2 said:

Might be a bit hot though wearing CS95s AND Nos 4s?

trehorn2 said:

Speaking of body armour etc. Two of our lads transiting the suez were told they wouldn't need it cos they had RNR flashes on their shoulders.
If they are that good surely they should be issuing everyone with RNR shoulder flashes - much lighter than body armour and cheaper to produce (presumably!!!!)

noemis said:
Anyone think that GSS(R) is becoming like the Royal Naval Division of WW1, trip to the Somme anyone or is that Sangin.
You really, really REALLY don't want to go to Sangin. It wasn't very nice there. Leave it to the pongos and royal.

sgtpepperband said:
rosinacarley said:
ours appear to, makes them feel like real men (and women) I guess
You wanna feel a real man?! RC - I have the wrong impression of you... :? :lol:
No SgtPB - it was sarcasm. You may not understand the concept of sarcasm, as it is likely out of your pay bracket but if it helps the dictionary defines it as 'mocking or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult'.

This is what you get for fiddling in an RNR thread - why would someone join the RNR and wear combats? Why not be a pongo?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
rosinacarley said:
sgtpepperband said:
rosinacarley said:
ours appear to, makes them feel like real men (and women) I guess
You wanna feel a real man?! RC - I have the wrong impression of you... :? :lol:
No SgtPB - it was sarcasm. You may not understand the concept of sarcasm, as it is likely out of your pay bracket but if it helps the dictionary defines it as 'mocking or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult'.
You been reading that dictionary again, ainchya?!

This is what you get for fiddling in an RNR thread - why would someone join the RNR and wear combats? Why not be a pongo?
Sometimes the operational requirements at the time mean that a person (RNR/RN) has to wear it; I doubt anyone would 'want' to wear CS95!

:lol:

sgtpepperband said:
Sometimes the operational requirements at the time mean that a person (RNR/RN) has to wear it; I doubt anyone would 'want' to wear CS95!

Please feel free to come to our unit anytime and see the sad gits who want to wear CS95 and who would wear it for the carol service if they could, please it is not about operation requirements, it is about being real men!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
rosinacarley said:
sgtpepperband said:

Please feel free to come to our unit anytime and see the sad gits who want to wear CS95 and who would wear it for the carol service if they could, please it is not about operation requirements, it is about being real men!
Hmm, in another life they'd be WALTs, right?!

all_purple_now

Lantern Swinger
rosinacarley said:
why would someone join the RNR and wear combats? Why not be a pongo?
Is that as in 'If I wanted to sleep under a poncho halfway up a mountain in the pissing Welsh rain I'd have joined the f***ing TA?'

I'm so looking forward to the soon-to-be-compulsory trip to Talybont :p

APN

all_purple_now said:
rosinacarley said:
why would someone join the RNR and wear combats? Why not be a pongo?
Is that as in 'If I wanted to sleep under a poncho halfway up a mountain in the pissing Welsh rain I'd have joined the f***ing TA?'

I'm so looking forward to the soon-to-be-compulsory trip to Talybont :p

APN
I rest my case m'lud.

letthecatoutofthebag said:
Reservist-Monkey said:
letthecatoutofthebag said:
Saying CS95 is more comfy than 4s/8s is ridculous,
Why?
Read the rest of my post. My point was that you can not choose to wear CS95s over 4s or any other naval uniform just because it is more comfy - you might as well wear civvies all the time. 3s or 4s should be the default uniform unless you are using weapons or in the field.
Damn I knew there was something I missed :roll:

Have you ever been to PJHQ? Jointry is the way forward, if they say CS95 on the joining instructions for a course or appointment, then I am damn sure I will wear it (and have done on several army run courses).

My point is, CS95 is very very comfy. Like Romft, I have spend the last few months wearing it 12 hours plus per day. 4s are NOT comfy. The shirts haven't changed since I first started wearing them more than 15 years ago and even new trousers are less pleasant their green cousins.

Perhaps if the navy pulled their finger out in making the 'new' 4s then we would be getting somewhere.