Cry Baby Dolphins

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by IDOITDEEPER, Dec 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have heard through the grapevine that our general service counterparts are to get some bling to wear on their Number Ones. The Yanks call them Cry Baby Dolphins. Could the upper echelons of the RN not think of ways to spend the limited defence budget a little more wisely?

Have a nice day
  2. I've heard it too. Personally I thought our suntans, girlfriends, good hygiene and well shaped berets were enough to set us apart from the golden carp wearing filthy sundodgers.
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I shall not be baited, I shall not be baited, I shall not be baited.
  4. Yes you will, yes you will, yes you will. The power of the dark side is not to be underestimated.

(I've heard they're getting an award for every deployment they do without e-mail so they'll only make 1 for a musuem)
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I knew you would have a nibble.
  6. Perhaps it should be a `flying fid`….on account of the Navy being so pink and fluffy
  7. Come out into the sunshine my pretty, it won't burn, much.

8. hahaha

something else for them to well as the deck - HOURLY
  9. Is this because not only do we work hard to get our dolphins, we get submarine pay etc...

Maybe our friends in general service will also copy the yanks by painting medal ribbons on the bridge eg.. for going to sea, for crossing the atlantic etc.... :pottytrain5:
  10. Working so hard? All you do is float to the top of some tank, not hard considering most crabmariners are on the "bouyant" side.

And you need the extra pay for vitamin c and fake tan. :lol:
  11. we get paid more for carrying the surface fleet in maintining something operational that goes to sea...

would be pointless getting all that extra money for doing continuous BOSTS/DISTEXs/painting/chipping/flag waving/cocktail partying type of trips
  12. Or sunbathing, having runs ashore, dhobying, doing phys and trapping women.
  13. Naaa for living in hotels and throwing coins to poor skimmers besides as every one knows general service is the cream of the armed forces "all sour and double thick" :laughing3:
  14. :D I like your style.
  16. mean WRNS...hahaha

they are mostly lesbians these days..right..?
  17. And the problem with that is!!!? You can always watch, film and flick one off! :D happy days
  18. same goes with the chefs on board..hahaha
  19. I have heard a rumour that Submariners are to get a medal for completing a patrol. Those on SSBNs will get a gold one for completing 20 patrols!!!
  20. this is in the pipeline...not too sure about the SSBN medal though