Crustacean pteromechanophobia

I must admit I know a few matelots who seem to be scared of going to sea and suffer from seasickness. As soon as they have to go to sea they get sick...good place to start a cull in these present redundancy days.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Currant Bun said:
RAF chiefs acted after flying phobia prevented some servicemen and women boarding long-haul flights to Afghanistan
Interesting.

Wonder if the same people have a fear of flying back to the UK at the end of a deployment or perhaps a trip to Ibiza?

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I roll my eyes with contempt everytime I hear some headwad claim they couldn't serve on submarines because, "they would get claustrophobia".

I roll my eyes with contempt everytime I hear some headwad claim they couldn't serve on submarines because, "they would get claustrophobia".
Ah Wits - But you should always remember what Wiki has to say on that subject:

<<<......Many claustrophobics remove clothing during attacks......>> :wink: :wink: :evil2:

Soooo - Invite some down & try it out.

Last edited:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
The cunts say it like they are going to catch it like some disease.

*On the lookout for any females claiming claustrophobia.

Only come across one case. 1st time at sea had to be flown off cos of a nose bleed(bad). 2nd time another nose bleed, boat Tx. was checked out nothing found and was going to be trouped for self inflicted injuries, thought he was shoving things up to make it bleed.

Confined onboard and it happend again, the Doc checked his blood pressure and it was off the scale. Swift draft.

Latest Threads