Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crossing the line certificate and operation hurricane

lotty

Hello, can anyone out there please help?!
My dad was on board HMS Campania d48 and was part of Operation Hurricane in 1952. (only a small part-he watched).
I know he had several certificates that my gran had on her wall, but they have since been misplaced.
Please could anyone tell me if i can get copies.
He had a crossing the line certificate and a big document with a picture of the atomic mushroom cloud on it too ( i think it was signed by the king).
The crossing the line certificate is quite specific as ive seen some and they arnt the same as the one i remember.
Thank you for your help.
c x

Most crossing-the-line certificates that I've received were locally manufactured on the ship, so getting a copy might be quite difficult.

SM

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
supermario said:
Most crossing-the-line certificates that I've received were locally manufactured on the ship, so getting a copy might be quite difficult.

SM

Yup, same here.

lotty

Ohh! I so want to get him a replacement!
Is there not anyone outthere who was on the same ship or anything.
(i am a daddy's girl, and so i am used to getting my way!)
I really know hed love this, instead of the usual chocs and t-shirts he gets for his birthday.
c x

shunter

Hope I am not too late with this but my Dad was also on HMS Campania with Operation Hurricane and I have a copy of the 'crossing the line certificate' I could e-mail you a scan if thats any good.

lotty

Thank you for everyones help, especially Shunter, i am now framing it up, and i will even do him a fathers day mug.
How great are the internets!

I know it's a little late but is there any chance you could send me a copy also. My grandfather served on Campania as a part of Op. Hurricane. Sadly he died in 1967. My email address is [email protected] many thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NotNickCarter Crossing the Line The Book Club 1
NotNickCarter Crossing the Line The Book Club 0
T HMS Westminster holds the age old Crossing the Line Ceremony The Fleet 11
trelawney126 Crossing the Line German Fashion Diamond Lil's 0
Bergen Crossing The Line Diamond Lil's 30
Y crossing thwe line The Quarterdeck 41
MoD_RSS Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing project granted development consent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Near miss at Worlingham user worked crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lake Lothing Third Crossing granted development consent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next phase of Lower Thames Crossing consultation begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Annual accounts for the Dartford Thurrock Crossing and Severn River Crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Map the Gap: autonomous gap crossing survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 16/2019: Near miss between a passenger train and lorry at Mucking AHB level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Near miss at Norwich Road level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of "Crossing Points" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 13/2019: Fatal accident at Tibberton No. 8 footpath crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 11/2019: Serious operational irregularity at Bagillt user worked crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing application MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Near miss between a lorry and passenger train at Mucking level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Fatal accident at Tibberton footpath crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crossing The Gap - market exploration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Collision with crossing gates at Penrhyn level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Dartford Thurrock river crossing charging scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 26,000 share their views in Thames Crossing consultation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Alert for charities operating in Syria or Turkey about aid passing through the Bab Al-Hawa crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 55 years on, Dartford crossing looks to the future MoD News 0
I Informing of two crossing the bar Nearest & Dearest 5
M Origins of the term "crossing the bar"?! The Quarterdeck 21
scouse Crossing the Bar History 6
soleil Montrose Review: "Montrose Crew Marks Equatorial Crossing" The Fleet 0
Rumrat Crossing The Bar Nearest & Dearest 20
B A Renault Laguna, a 20 mile sea crossing and World Record Diamond Lil's 3
3yearstilltx Crossing the bar Site Issues 0
golden_rivet Crossing the bar History 7
Y RN crossing over. Anyone help? The Corps 16
MoD_RSS Road workers line up to improve safety at popular country park MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing military action along the line of contact in the Nagorno-Karabakh region: UK statement MoD News 0
Sumo So sad, in the line of duty Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS New tech to tackle leaves on the line and de-ice platforms set to revolutionise British rail travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £11m Caton Road, Lancaster Flood Risk Mitigation Scheme continues in line with Covid-19 guidelines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding supports community front line work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to front line staff providing essential banking services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS York flood scheme continues in line with Covid-19 guidelines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 3D printers band together to help the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First new ventilators to roll off production line this weekend as industry answers call to step up manufacturing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh stations in line for share of £20m UK Government funding boost for accessibility improvements MoD News 0
soleil Telegraph: "Royal Navy To Halve Number Of Staff At Headquarters, As Sailors Are Redeployed To Front Line Roles" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Local line update: 30 January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coasts on the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 17/2019: Loss of safety critical signalling data on the Cambrian Coast line MoD News 0