crossing the line certificate and operation hurricane

Discussion in 'History' started by lotty, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, can anyone out there please help?!
    My dad was on board HMS Campania d48 and was part of Operation Hurricane in 1952. (only a small part-he watched).
    I know he had several certificates that my gran had on her wall, but they have since been misplaced.
    Please could anyone tell me if i can get copies.
    He had a crossing the line certificate and a big document with a picture of the atomic mushroom cloud on it too ( i think it was signed by the king).
    The crossing the line certificate is quite specific as ive seen some and they arnt the same as the one i remember.
    Thank you for your help.
    c x
  2. Most crossing-the-line certificates that I've received were locally manufactured on the ship, so getting a copy might be quite difficult.

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Yup, same here.
  4. Ohh! I so want to get him a replacement!
    Is there not anyone outthere who was on the same ship or anything.
    (i am a daddy's girl, and so i am used to getting my way!)
    I really know hed love this, instead of the usual chocs and t-shirts he gets for his birthday.
    c x
  5. Hope I am not too late with this but my Dad was also on HMS Campania with Operation Hurricane and I have a copy of the 'crossing the line certificate' I could e-mail you a scan if thats any good.
  6. Yes Please!!!
  7. I have sent you an email with my email address on it.
    my day has been made!!
  8. You said you've sent me an e-mail. I've looked and ther eis no e-mail
  9. Its OK I've found your e-mail address and sent you a copy
  10. Sorry about this but the e-mail has just come back. Are you sure your address is correct
  11. Thank you for everyones help, especially Shunter, i am now framing it up, and i will even do him a fathers day mug.
    How great are the internets!