Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Crossing The Bar

Thanks to you all for your words of comfort. Despite appearing an unsympathetic, uncaring troll most of the time in threads, I really do have a soft side.
As was said in this thread you never have too many friends, and I really am going to miss both these buggers who have trapped off and shot through on me. Yes I am feeling sorry for myself, as if nothing else, I've always been a loyal oppo, and thus my oppos are all like brothers and sisters to me. Boy am I going to miss them. Now I'll dry my eyes and try to move on as I did when my folks died many many years ago.
Thanks again folks.:thumbup:

Selected just for you, having seen Bob's Bible quote.

[video=youtube;odj2kNn3_v0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj2kNn3_v0&feature=related[/video]

6 months ago I lost my best mate. We joined on the same day. Some 60 years later I can be a little irrevent about thim. He picked up his first hook before me, he made PO before me, he even got his buttons before me and now ..........??I miss him.
Remember the good times mate.

Last edited:
Sorry mate I missed this one.I sympathise.At our age it gets more common to lose a mate but it dont make it any easier to bear.Take it easy.Speak soon.
V8