Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

criminal record?!!!

janner said:
Scouse_Castaway said:
Honesty at all points in the application process is gonna be appreciated and will reflect better on you. show remorse also maybe?.

And ignore the mongtard who said dont get caught. bloody throbber

How much time have you spent in the mob Scouse Castaway????

I never said i had, since im still applying, and wasnt offering any sort of professional advice. was merely repeating, in the case of the bold bit, advice that was given to me by my recruiter when i asked bout a spent conviction thing. Was merely trying to be helpful is all

The bit regarding Mattbea....well, lets face it, he's a mong

Deaver

Midshipman
Ninja_Stoker said:
A Formal Police Caution for possession, for personal use, of a class B or C drug is considered spent once issued for a civilian, yet to join the Armed Forces. A fine involves a 5 year rehabilitation period if over 18. After joining, it's instant dismissal. Prior to joining it need not be declared on the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493) but must be declared on the Security Check Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109) [Counter Terrorist Check]. If it's not disclosed on the latter, Security Clearance (SC) will be declined. No SC = No join.

Any offence involving possession with intent to supply (trafficking) is a permanent bar to entry.

A fine is a 5 year wait? People get fined for stupid things these days. Looking at a police man funny, littering, jay-walking.. hell sometimes it feels like Tax is a being poor fine.

So even if said fine was trivial, say 50 quid for littering, would that prevent someone from joining? If so, I know someone who is screwed hahaha!

Deaver said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
A Formal Police Caution for possession, for personal use, of a class B or C drug is considered spent once issued for a civilian, yet to join the Armed Forces. A fine involves a 5 year rehabilitation period if over 18. After joining, it's instant dismissal. Prior to joining it need not be declared on the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493) but must be declared on the Security Check Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109) [Counter Terrorist Check]. If it's not disclosed on the latter, Security Clearance (SC) will be declined. No SC = No join.

Any offence involving possession with intent to supply (trafficking) is a permanent bar to entry.

A fine is a 5 year wait? People get fined for stupid things these days. Looking at a police man funny, littering, jay-walking.. hell sometimes it feels like Tax is a being poor fine.

So even if said fine was trivial, say 50 quid for littering, would that prevent someone from joining? If so, I know someone who is screwed hahaha!

No you don't get fined for stupid things. You get fined for doing crass, irresponsible and uncivilised things, littering being a prime example.
If you get fined it's because you have done something so stupid that you deserve what you get, and probably annoyed the hell out of the officer that caught you, as you went about in your own little self concerned bubble.

jones

Midshipman
ok well i'm going to ring my afco today and ask about it, something i'm not looking forward to! i know i must write it down on the ctc form although i am not sure of the exact dates?! rang up data protection today and they said it would take 40 days to get me the date or cost £70 to get it in 2 days!!! bastards. they also said it would never become spent?!!

"not for maybe a 100 years or so because it is to do with drugs" strange and worrying!

Deaver

Midshipman
sussex2 said:
Deaver said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

No you don't get fined for stupid things. You get fined for doing crass, irresponsible and uncivilised things, littering being a prime example.
If you get fined it's because you have done something so stupid that you deserve what you get, and probably annoyed the hell out of the officer that caught you, as you went about in your own little self concerned bubble.

The only thing I've done wrong was steal some pick'n'mix when I was 8! So I think my time is spent ;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Deaver said:
The only thing I've done wrong was steal some pick'n'mix when I was 8! So I think my time is spent ;)

No wonder Woollies went bust. :wink:

Spot fines are 'spent' once paid, fines handed-down from Magistrates or Crown Courts usually involve a 5 year rehabilitation period (if over 18 on date of conviction), regardless of the considered triviality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Criminal record reform to support ex-offenders into work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminal record reform to help ex-offenders into work MoD News 0
M Can i join the royal navy with a criminal record. Diamond Lil's 59
F Criminal record question? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Chev Criminal Record? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
A Joining the Navy with a criminal record? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
R Joining- criminal convictions, but no criminal record?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
leeblease Criminal Record Rant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS New digital case management system delivers centralised access to criminal case information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Promoting international criminal justice and the rule of law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular 008/2018: Criminal Finances Act: extending the moratorium period for suspicious activity reports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suspected criminals held for longer as criminal courts recovery plan announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Common Platform system tested in criminal courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government plan new changes to criminal records disclosure regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New tech will help keep the criminal justice system moving during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminal trial on the downing of flight MH17: UK Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Up to £50 million on offer in first stage of criminal legal aid review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator highlights threats to criminal justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Notice for legal professionals when submitting applications to the Criminal Appeal Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary pledges new funding to crackdown on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Busted! HMRC reveals biggest criminal cases of year 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing work of International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing work of International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement at the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Paul Jarvis and Ed Smyth as members of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to help crack down on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes criminal court guidance for defendants MoD News 0
C Navy, Criminal Records and US Visa Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Sussex criminal sentenced for laundering proceeds from the sale of black-market medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting international criminal justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of 6 Commissioners of the Criminal Cases Review Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Robert Buckland QC speech: Modernising Criminal Justice Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Businesses and consumers to be given increased protections from criminal activity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Is social media harming our criminal justice system? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improving wifi in our criminal courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Wildlife criminal jailed for rare bird eggs importation attempt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Increased fees for criminal defence advocates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Creating a ‘zero tolerance’ culture for disclosure failings across the criminal justice system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Criminal exploitation and ‘county lines’: learn from past mistakes, report finds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Criminal exploitation and ‘county lines’: learn from past mistakes, report finds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: How is the criminal justice voluntary sector doing? (5 Dec, 2018) MoD News 0
B Capt. F.J. Walker - a war criminal? History 42
Deadeyethejedi Guidance on Criminal Records Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
soleil BBC 1: 'Marine A - Criminal Or Casualty Of War' - 22:25 - Wednesday, April 9th 2014 MoD News 20
soleil BBC: "Review Into Criminal Offending By Armed Forces Veterans" Current Affairs 7
J Criminal Past... RFA 12
MoD_RSS News story: UN debate on role of International Criminal Justice in Reconciliation MoD News 0
D Criminal Conviction Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
trelawney126 Lying to Parliament a Criminal Offence Law Current Affairs 7
S Britain's Dumbest Criminal Diamond Lil's 5