Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

criminal record?!!!

jones

Midshipman
hi guys my first post! i have recently passes my rt test, medical, pjft test and had my final interview..........all went well and i was told i was 'in' going to hms ralleigh next april.

however i received a counter terrorist check questionaire today in the post (ctc) and i noticed it asked about previous convictions. The only thing i have been in trouble for was a caution for cannabis possesion several years ago (something i'm not proud of). this caution was issued on the side of the road and that was that.

Can anyone please tell me if this would damage or prevent my chances of signing up as i have come quite along way already. Any advice/info would be great, cheers.

JonnoJonno

Banned
Ok, I think one of the grown ups will be along shortly to answer you. They might have needed to know if it was an adult caution.

jones

Midshipman
i dont understand you mate. ah you mean someone pretty experienced will answer me soon. ive heard that two cautions is a total no no and if it is spent or un-spent can affect the decision, any help guys?????????

Listen, relax a little and try not to burst a blood vessel. Ninja or Super mario will be along to help soon enough im sure. I suspect you will probably have to disclose the caution but i dont know anything, just making an educated guess. if the mods havent appeared to help ya out by monday, speak with your recruiter and discuss it.

As to the caution being for posession pof a drug. I aint gonna judge you as it doesnt mean you were using, you may have merely been holding it for a mate. Whatever.

Just dont panic til you have sought some proper advice.

In the meantime, you might want to have a read through Chapter 6 of BR3 - The RN Personnel Manual in the stickies section at the top of the Newbies forum..

There is a wealth of info in there, but you may be more interested in Chapter 6, Section 10. Link is below:

BR3 Ch6 Sec10

But as always with these things, you should:

a. Call your Careers Office for advice first thing Monday morning as they know you and can advise you, and

b. Call your Careers Office on Monday.

Yes, I know I'm repeating myself, but it's so important it needs to be said twice. :wink:

mattbea

Banned
If you got that stuff in possession and the coppers pass by and you basically know they are coming back to check you out, you pop round a corner very rapidly and just neck it as then you can get the effects off it and you will not actually be caught with it nor will you smell of it!

The trick is to NOT GET CAUGHT!

Trigger_92

War Hero
mattbea said:
If you got that stuff in possession and the coppers pass by and you basically know they are coming back to check you out, you pop round a corner very rapidly and just neck it as then you can get the effects off it and you will not actually be caught with it nor will you smell of it!

Fcuk me, your a bellend. How about not using it at all?

mattbea

Banned
My comment was for those who do use it. I know many people don't but the people who do carry or/and use it seem to be stupid anyway so they need a bit of guidance.

Jimpy

Badgeman
mattbea said:

that is until they fire a Sec 23 Misuse of Drugs Act 1971(obstruction) up yer arse(no pun), which is viewed worse than possession......but a wee discret boot in the balls brings it back up :wink: or it used to, when that sort of thing happened.......erm taxi

mattbea said:

Hear what you're saying Matt,

But it's probably better not to do it at all isn't it?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
A Formal Police Caution for possession, for personal use, of a class B or C drug is considered spent once issued for a civilian, yet to join the Armed Forces. A fine involves a 5 year rehabilitation period if over 18. After joining, it's instant dismissal. Prior to joining it need not be declared on the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493) but must be declared on the Security Check Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109) [Counter Terrorist Check]. If it's not disclosed on the latter, Security Clearance (SC) will be declined. No SC = No join.

Any offence involving possession with intent to supply (trafficking) is a permanent bar to entry.

jones

Midshipman
Ninja_Stoker said:
A Formal Police Caution for possession, for personal use, of a class B or C drug is considered spent once issued for a civilian, yet to join the Armed Forces. A fine involves a 5 year rehabilitation period if over 18. After joining, it's instant dismissal. Prior to joining it need not be declared on the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493) but must be declared on the Security Check Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109) [Counter Terrorist Check]. If it's not disclosed on the latter, Security Clearance (SC) will be declined. No SC = No join.

Any offence involving possession with intent to supply (trafficking) is a permanent bar to entry.

great so if its only been say 3 or 4 years i wouldnt have to wait for 5 years to go by for it to become spent? thanks for your advive by the way. would you advise i still see my afco to talk about this or just fill the ctc in with this caution being mentioned.

Honesty at all points in the application process is gonna be appreciated and will reflect better on you. show remorse also maybe?.

And ignore the mongtard who said dont get caught. bloody throbber

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Scouse_Castaway said:
Honesty at all points in the application process is gonna be appreciated and will reflect better on you. show remorse also maybe?.

And ignore the mongtard who said dont get caught. bloody throbber

How much time have you spent in the mob Scouse Castaway????

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Criminal record reform to support ex-offenders into work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminal record reform to help ex-offenders into work MoD News 0
M Can i join the royal navy with a criminal record. Diamond Lil's 59
F Criminal record question? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Chev Criminal Record? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
A Joining the Navy with a criminal record? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
R Joining- criminal convictions, but no criminal record?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
leeblease Criminal Record Rant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS New digital case management system delivers centralised access to criminal case information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Promoting international criminal justice and the rule of law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular 008/2018: Criminal Finances Act: extending the moratorium period for suspicious activity reports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suspected criminals held for longer as criminal courts recovery plan announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Common Platform system tested in criminal courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government plan new changes to criminal records disclosure regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New tech will help keep the criminal justice system moving during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminal trial on the downing of flight MH17: UK Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Up to £50 million on offer in first stage of criminal legal aid review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator highlights threats to criminal justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Notice for legal professionals when submitting applications to the Criminal Appeal Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary pledges new funding to crackdown on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Busted! HMRC reveals biggest criminal cases of year 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing work of International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing work of International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement at the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Paul Jarvis and Ed Smyth as members of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to help crack down on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes criminal court guidance for defendants MoD News 0
C Navy, Criminal Records and US Visa Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Sussex criminal sentenced for laundering proceeds from the sale of black-market medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting international criminal justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of 6 Commissioners of the Criminal Cases Review Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Robert Buckland QC speech: Modernising Criminal Justice Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Businesses and consumers to be given increased protections from criminal activity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Is social media harming our criminal justice system? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improving wifi in our criminal courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Wildlife criminal jailed for rare bird eggs importation attempt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Increased fees for criminal defence advocates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Creating a ‘zero tolerance’ culture for disclosure failings across the criminal justice system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Criminal exploitation and ‘county lines’: learn from past mistakes, report finds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Criminal exploitation and ‘county lines’: learn from past mistakes, report finds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: How is the criminal justice voluntary sector doing? (5 Dec, 2018) MoD News 0
B Capt. F.J. Walker - a war criminal? History 42
Deadeyethejedi Guidance on Criminal Records Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
soleil BBC 1: 'Marine A - Criminal Or Casualty Of War' - 22:25 - Wednesday, April 9th 2014 MoD News 20
soleil BBC: "Review Into Criminal Offending By Armed Forces Veterans" Current Affairs 7
J Criminal Past... RFA 12
MoD_RSS News story: UN debate on role of International Criminal Justice in Reconciliation MoD News 0
D Criminal Conviction Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
trelawney126 Lying to Parliament a Criminal Offence Law Current Affairs 7
S Britain's Dumbest Criminal Diamond Lil's 5