criminal record?!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jones, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys my first post! i have recently passes my rt test, medical, pjft test and had my final interview..........all went well and i was told i was 'in' going to hms ralleigh next april.

however i received a counter terrorist check questionaire today in the post (ctc) and i noticed it asked about previous convictions. The only thing i have been in trouble for was a caution for cannabis possesion several years ago (something i'm not proud of). this caution was issued on the side of the road and that was that.

Can anyone please tell me if this would damage or prevent my chances of signing up as i have come quite along way already. Any advice/info would be great, cheers.
  2. How old were you when you received the caution?
  3. i'm unsure of the date, something i'm trying to get from data protection but roughly 19 or 20
  4. Ok, I think one of the grown ups will be along shortly to answer you. They might have needed to know if it was an adult caution.
  5. i dont understand you mate. ah you mean someone pretty experienced will answer me soon. ive heard that two cautions is a total no no and if it is spent or un-spent can affect the decision, any help guys?????????
  6. Listen, relax a little and try not to burst a blood vessel. Ninja or Super mario will be along to help soon enough im sure. I suspect you will probably have to disclose the caution but i dont know anything, just making an educated guess. if the mods havent appeared to help ya out by monday, speak with your recruiter and discuss it.

As to the caution being for posession pof a drug. I aint gonna judge you as it doesnt mean you were using, you may have merely been holding it for a mate. Whatever.

Just dont panic til you have sought some proper advice.
  7. I've got a criminal record :( It's Deck of Cards by Max Bygraves. 8)
  8. In the meantime, you might want to have a read through Chapter 6 of BR3 - The RN Personnel Manual in the stickies section at the top of the Newbies forum..

There is a wealth of info in there, but you may be more interested in Chapter 6, Section 10. Link is below:

BR3 Ch6 Sec10

But as always with these things, you should:

a. Call your Careers Office for advice first thing Monday morning as they know you and can advise you, and

b. Call your Careers Office on Monday.

Yes, I know I'm repeating myself, but it's so important it needs to be said twice. :wink:
  9. If you got that stuff in possession and the coppers pass by and you basically know they are coming back to check you out, you pop round a corner very rapidly and just neck it as then you can get the effects off it and you will not actually be caught with it nor will you smell of it!

The trick is to NOT GET CAUGHT!
  10. Fcuk me, your a bellend. How about not using it at all?
  11. My comment was for those who do use it. I know many people don't but the people who do carry or/and use it seem to be stupid anyway so they need a bit of guidance.
  12. Ahh, but even so. The advice should be, don't use it ;)
  13. that is until they fire a Sec 23 Misuse of Drugs Act 1971(obstruction) up yer arse(no pun), which is viewed worse than possession......but a wee discret boot in the balls brings it back up :wink: or it used to, when that sort of thing happened.......erm taxi
  14. Hear what you're saying Matt,

But it's probably better not to do it at all isn't it?
  15. I bet.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A Formal Police Caution for possession, for personal use, of a class B or C drug is considered spent once issued for a civilian, yet to join the Armed Forces. A fine involves a 5 year rehabilitation period if over 18. After joining, it's instant dismissal. Prior to joining it need not be declared on the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493) but must be declared on the Security Check Questionnaire (MoD Form 1109) [Counter Terrorist Check]. If it's not disclosed on the latter, Security Clearance (SC) will be declined. No SC = No join.

Any offence involving possession with intent to supply (trafficking) is a permanent bar to entry.
  17. Makes COTW easy for next week mate. :wink:
  18. great so if its only been say 3 or 4 years i wouldnt have to wait for 5 years to go by for it to become spent? thanks for your advive by the way. would you advise i still see my afco to talk about this or just fill the ctc in with this caution being mentioned.
  19. Honesty at all points in the application process is gonna be appreciated and will reflect better on you. show remorse also maybe?.

And ignore the mongtard who said dont get caught. bloody throbber
  20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

How much time have you spent in the mob Scouse Castaway????