Criminal compensation for troops injured in Iraq/Afganistan

Re: Criminal compensation for troops injured in Iraq/Afganis

Does that mean more or less money?

Does it mean it comes out of a different budget?

I hope the Govt will foot the bill instead of taking the funds from the MOD budget....

Glad to see the guys getting injured etc are getting something. Does this include mental illness brought about by activities since "hostilities ended"?

A

angrydoc

This is a cover-your-ass policy brought about by a Government which has produced so many clap-trap policies that they're now biting them in the ass.

A

angrydoc

Letthecatoutofthebag - good thinking there!

There it is folks - if you haven't got your Iraq medal yet then you'd better get in quick - opportunities are dwindling!

Seadog

War Hero

At the simplest level, Pte Beharry's VC must changed to a GM as the VC can only be awarded in the face of the enemy along with all the MCs and other awards that should be changed to QCVS/QCB/QGM. Similarly, if they are not enemy are the widows entitled to War Pensions?
That is simplified. Ops in Northern Ireland attracted operational awards and the George Cross is the peacetime/non combatant award in lieu of the VC, not the George Medal.

The bad guys are the enemy, wearing a uniform or not. However lawful or unlawful their status doesn't change that. The Falklands War was never referred to as a 'war' by HMG, rather a 'conflict'. War was never declared. There are still war widows as a result of the conflict. What we have in Iraq and Afghanistan is 'asymmetric warfare'. Still war.

Iraq (Telic) medal? Got mine. But I'm surprised and pleased that the Good Friday Agreement didn't include relinquishing the GSM (NI) and all NI operational awards.