Crime children 'under court age'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely if there are not laws in place to protect the public from these "Lovable Rouges" it is time one was introduced which would put the onus of responsibility onto the parents of these children.
  2. Bring back a good slap. Kids need to learn that if they do something wrong they will be punished.
  3. I hate to say this but on the BBC news and sky this morning a Univ Prof is stating the age of criminal responsibility should be raised to 18 yrs and no-one under that age should be put inside. Time to pack your bags.
  4. Sensible slapping gets a child's attention and commands either respect or an acknowledgement of authority. Reward or denial of rewards and privileges is fine if time is no object and we want to create a pink fluffy world. The argument that slapping fosters bullies and legitimises violence may be true to some extent but secondary effects can be monitored and corrected. Perhaps without that exposure, a child is ill-prepared for the big bad world.

As regards age; if they're old enough for a shag, they're old enough for the slammer. Yet more bloody social engineering.
  5. The usual word is touch me and I will sue

Uni Profs!! Not of this world I am afraid the world of ZOD.

We have the young girl missing abroad yet we still see hip high youngsters strolling the streets at 2300hrs. For those not knowing. The big finger is on twelve and the little finger is on eleven.

At a friends house this week talking things his twelve year old son chirped up I AM A LAGER MAN MYSELF Beam me up Scotty!!
  6. That's just stupid, if they can smoke, drive and have sex by the age of sixteen they can bloody well be resposinble for their own actions. Lets be honest, most of us know the difference between right and wrong from a much younger age.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's why the age of criminal responsibility and liability is 10 years old... however:

8. Well I suppose dealing with 14 and unders through the education system isn't unreasonable, most kids that age have the chance to turn themselves aorund before its too late, depending on the seriousness of the crime anyway.
  9. Bring back Borstals and "Approved Schools".