Crew rotation

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kiwi-Fi, Dec 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently in the process of applying for the Hydrograhic and Met branch and was wondering how the crew rotation system works.

I believe the hydrographic vessels do something like 10 weeks on and 4 weeks off. So I am wondering what you do when you have 4 weeks off?

Can anyone enlighten me? I'm assuming it won't be a 4 week holiday...... :slow:

Cheers

KF

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

10 weeks on, 4 weeks off? Fuggin' 'ell - I'm in the wrong branch... 8O :wink:

3. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

It's meant to be 'time off'. Quite what the Naval definition of 'time off' these days is is anyones guess. One thing it isn't, is 'leave', which as you all know, you'll have to account for correctly on the fantastic JPA system. So your leave entitilement stays the same throughout the year - you'll take leave when you ask for it but not a panny more, not a penny less. So, either expect to be doing courses (of course, all courses jigsaw in beuatifully with the time you're on your 'time off' don't they - establishments are rammed full of instructors just willing to start a bespoke course that fits in with your personal plans) or kicking around the drop in centre that it the Waterfront Employment Exchange ... ooops ... Waterfront Manning Office at the short trail to go and sweep leaves, whet tea for Lt Whoever or genrally kick about Jagos Mansions whilst your interest, resolve and training plot pisses slowly down the can.

Levers

4. Levers don't they call it Personal Proffesional Development, it the new world order, and fits well with the IIP ethos of Your/our New Navy.

Love peace and light.L
    Love peace and light.