Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRB Check

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
If you fail to declare it and it was recent, you probably won't be cleared. If you declare it as recent past history, consultation between HQ and the CO would decide your fate.

You need to declare anything as it will be found; being an Enhanced check.

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
EG to above;

A while ago a cadet successfully passed his RT and entered HMForces. During this application stage he also applied to become staff in the SCC (min age 18 ) and despite having his plate-full with his recruit course, it actually worked out nicely as during the first year he had no attendance committment to the unit.
What he failed to tell the SCC CO about during his application was his arrest for a minor motoring offence and air rifle offence whilst in his early teens. This was revealed by the CRB to the SCC CO. Following discussion with lad it turned out that he hadn't told the AFCO either.

Herein lies the devil. Were AFCO aware of this through their checks? Is the SCC CO obliged to inform the AFCO of her findings as she actually submitted the SCC Recommendation Form prior to his CRB return? His career could ultimately have been screwed.

Incidentally, the guy never did complete his RMRC and is now a senior member of our unit staff.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Will a DD conviction fail you a CRB to become an AI?

As R12 has posted, make sure you declare it from the outset. If it's quite old, it shouldn't really be a barrier. Convictions are not a barrier to becoming an AI, it all depends on what they are for of course. A conviction for masturbating furiously outside a school is a no-no, for obvious reasons. The decision will ultimately rest with your Colonel (or whatever you lot call them).

Rumrat

War Hero
As R12 has posted, make sure you declare it from the outset. If it's quite old, it shouldn't really be a barrier. Convictions are not a barrier to becoming an AI, it all depends on what they are for of course. A conviction for masturbating furiously outside a school is a no-no, for obvious reasons. The decision will ultimately rest with your Colonel (or whatever you lot call them).

Now I see why I got sacked from the crossing patrol, I thought it was because I asked the girls if they wanted to suck my lollipop.
Never gave the muscle massage a thought.

Turns out the old DD conviction didn't matter. OIC just said if you haven't touched or beaten any kids I couldn't care less if you robbed a bank...... which was handy for when the CRB comes in ;p

Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have applied to be an AI with my local unit, I have been upfront about a previous simple caution l received in 2015, l also got a fine in 2019 for my daughter failing to attend school. Both these are now spent and have shown up on my enhanced DBS as expected.

To that end, l have had to send my certificate for scrutiny to HQ along with the background.

Should l be concerned?

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have applied to be an AI with my local unit, I have been upfront about a previous simple caution l received in 2015, l also got a fine in 2019 for my daughter failing to attend school. Both these are now spent and have shown up on my enhanced DBS as expected.

To that end, l have had to send my certificate for scrutiny to HQ along with the background.

Should l be concerned?

You shouldn't be sending your certificate anywhere! Nobody is entitled to have possession of your DBS other than you. If the SCC want to see it then they should appoint an appropriate person who will give you an adverse DBS interview, where you can show them your certificate, explain the circumstances, they can then make a copy but it is only on the understanding that it is sent to Safeguarding for a look-see then destroyed. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP A COPY NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON to do so is a criminal offence. In the main, they will be looking for any activity such as offences involving child sex offences, child neglect. Other main offences that will probably cause a rejection include ABH, GBH, Death by dangerous driving, Manslaughter, Murder, Drug Dealing, Robbery with a Firearm/weapon. Minor offences do not have to be declared after six years. You can check the DBS requirements here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-filtering-guidance/dbs-filtering-guide

You shouldn't be sending your certificate anywhere! Nobody is entitled to have possession of your DBS other than you. If the SCC want to see it then they should appoint an appropriate person who will give you an adverse DBS interview, where you can show them your certificate, explain the circumstances, they can then make a copy but it is only on the understanding that it is sent to Safeguarding for a look-see then destroyed. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP A COPY NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON to do so is a criminal offence. In the main, they will be looking for any activity such as offences involving child sex offences, child neglect. Other main offences that will probably cause a rejection include ABH, GBH, Death by dangerous driving, Manslaughter, Murder, Drug Dealing, Robbery with a Firearm/weapon. Minor offences do not have to be declared after six years. You can check the DBS requirements here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-filtering-guidance/dbs-filtering-guide
Looks like they can request it View attachment e8006f2c-dba1-41d2-a594-6894fa85aede.pdf

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
Looks like they can request it View attachment 54018

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes, the SSC is entitled to see, but they are not allowed to make copies or store it (
it is illegal to do so!), as above they want to know about any offences against children and whether any other offences are recent and there is an offending habit. They won't be interested in offences that are over 6 years (deemed historical) unless they fall into the offences against children category.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 DBS/CRB check? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
I CRB Check SCC and URNU 1
FunkyJunky CRB cell Bases / Shore Est 2
K Check out 2020 Aerial Promo for the Chatham Dockyard! The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Farmers and waste companies urged to check waste management processes or face enforcement action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Industry urged to check plant import and export guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Antique industry urged to check guidance for trade of animal and furniture products from 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thermometer recall: Safe and Sound Infrared Ear Thermometer - MHRA urges people to check theirs for recalled lots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Devon residents urged to check who is taking their green waste MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your heating oil tank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homeowners need to check before starting work near flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check the tax rules on waiving your income or donating to charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle for these five things before driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle! MoD News 0
R do the navy check your doctors notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: check live case work with new status report service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England unlocks its Help to Buy: Equity Loan calculator so advisers can check an applicant’s likely approval MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check if you can apply for a refund of deputyship fees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your blind cords and keep your home safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contact lenses recall: 1-day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism - MHRA urges patients to check their boxes for recalled lots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A million texts to encourage travellers to check passport validity after Brexit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security training package empowers staff to See, Check and Notify (SCaN) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England urging motorists to ‘check it before towing it’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spot check crackdown on waste carriers in Broxbourne MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check rules on towing before summer holidays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Patients to check if they have certain prescription-only medicines as additional products recalled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DfT to embrace artificial intelligence technology in plans for local roads health-check MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check vehicles before heading off on holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check and update your charity details MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to make Friday 19 July ‘check your vehicle day’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IP Health Check - new enforcement module MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Thousands of schools to pilot new reception class check-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Call for caravanners to "check it before towing it" this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Schools to trial new multiplication tables check MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Check and update your charity details MoD News 0
S [security check]British National joining the RN rating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
dogsnaffle ID Check Kevin Lawlor The Corps 15
F DBS check's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Medical check Health & Fitness 3
J What does the Terrorist Check cover? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P Due to join the RMR prior service check and security vetting worry RMR 4
D cdt integrity check Current Affairs 179
F Who administers the security check form/ Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Security Check Enquiries!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
stan_the_man Check out Stans new bog Diamond Lil's 11
S National Security Vetting - credit check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12