Crabs V's Pussers PR

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by dermol, May 22, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A while back someone compared Crab PR with ours. Why was theirs so much better they wondered..

Things started going downhill for us in 2005 in that Gibraltar swimming pool.
    Then the HMS Cornwall debacle-- Banyan or Boarding party in 2007
    HMS's Superb Astute Illustrious Edinburgh since and many more.

Between 2011 and 2013, we had 16 RM and 84 RN Courts Martial
    Today the Canadian alleged disgrace hangs over us.

The Crabs during this period have been Brylcream clean---Ouch!

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Let me guess. It was all better back in the days when no women were allowed at sea, when those funny queers weren't allowed at sea and we had lots of ships full of ultra elite matelots who never once had the slightest disciplinary issue and the last Captains Table held was done out of curiosity rather than need?

Christ alive, but posts like this sadly illustrate why this site is dying on its feet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. There's also a question of perception - if you start off thinking that one Service's PR is better than another then you'll find evidence to support your view. One example I can think of is: "Why is it that Royal Navy SAR helicopters are always described as RAF in the media????"
    Guess what - the Crabs ask the same question in reverse about media coverage involving RAF helos.
    It's swings and roundabouts, although I sympathised with a senior RFA gentleman who complained about a Daily Telegraph story of a rescue involving "RAF Brambleleaf."
    Especially when a request for a correction resulted in a page two apology the next day which said:
    "Yesterday's story of a rescue off the coast of Spain should of course have referred to RFA Bumbleleaf......"

• Like Like x 1
  4. We're talking 2005 When the strange Commodore killed himself--Hardly the Dark Ages
    Things have gone rapidly downhill for the RN--Perhaps through the likes of you. Fighting Force?

5. Purple_twiglet

Yes. I am actually an RAF PR ninja, parachuted in by stealth to singlehandly do down the RN.

If you think the tragic death of a senior officer is a reason for the woes of the RN today, then bluntly you are a deeply warped and pathetic piece of humanity.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. In the interests of accuracy, the coroner at the inquest into that death recorded an open verdict. He said that there was insufficient evidence to conclude whether the commodore's death was accidental or suicide.

7. Purple_twiglet

Tks - noted and edited.

8. So there's no PR problem with the RN?
    Sorry I raised it. The" tragic death" of the homosexual Commodore was par for the course for an Armed Force."
    The subsequent tale of woe is all my fault.
    Perhaps the reason for Navy-Net's failure lies with the likes of you.
    Contemplate your navel and see if you agree.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purple_twiglet

Thanks Dermol, I think its fairly clear you're norman so I think this thread has run its course now.

thanks for playing 'who wants to be a Lieutenant Commander', but I'm afraid you lose and instead get to be an AB instead.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  10. As you and ATG remind us on a monthly basis ,may I suggest you foxtrot oscar permanently to ARRSE .

• Like Like x 2
  11. Purple_twiglet

Nope, I like the smell here of warm wee and stale beer. Reminds me of most SRs bars. ;-)

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  12. We were more discerning in who we let in the mess, you wouldn't have got the invite.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Careful Stirls & Wrecks - Purple Twatlet likes nothing more than collecting PSOF's scalps; Stan's being his prize trophy...

(As for all those other absentees who once frequented this site - pushed or shoved?)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Unlucky pancho.

15. Purple_twiglet

Wow. Impressed at just how well you know me. Were we married once?

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

This weeks roll of honour. (When you are on the naughty step or some in-between state because it doesn't show you as banned. You can still log on, but can't post. You can circumvent the IP ban if you want and Email me if it happens. When you click on their profile it shows error, similar to someone who hides their profile.)

Drewfester
    dermol

Have I mentioned I got banned for 2 months. The best bit was the offending post was in Lils which infuriated the Fuhrer and his panty wearer. I have no idea why folk with loud and low opinions of a website get bent out of shape and still log on to the said website. Particularly if they're a moderator and can't even be arrsed putting a avatar on their profile. Is there a motive?

It also does makes you wonder that if you were a owner of a business, for example an internet site, and one or two of your staff talk down the site at every opportunity and users leave because they feel downtrodden and the site direction what should you do?

Anyway, welcome back shipwreck. I've missed the smell of your officer wee and softener. I like this new screen name. Your old one use to take up half the page.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  17. witsend

I doubt it, but Bob does enjoy vaginas.

18. witsend

Haha, panty wearer.

19. The RN has always had a problem with blowing its own trumpet on its successes and abilities, where as the RAF have never had the same problem, if fact quite the reverse, ie The heroic bombing run on Stanley airport, very minor damage which they somehow managed to turn into a massive success and still crow about, or the infamous moving of Australia by 500 or so miles

20. As its a weekend, absolutely.

• Like Like x 1