Crabs crash into each other.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 2_deck_dash, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crikey, thats gotta make your ******** tremor!

Lucky nobody was killed 8O
  2. ......and, in the interests of H & S, all future air displays will feature the Red Arrow.
  3. From the Newspaper

Two Red Arrow jets collided mid-air off the coast of Crete today, the Ministry of Defence said.

One pilot ejected and has been taken to hospital, the second landed safely. The state of the two aircraft is not yet known.

Well unless the aircraft was fitted with automatic non pilot landing after ejection system I think we can guess at the state of the aircraft from which the pilot went AWOL :p
  4. Wasn't there a film about this. It was called Broken Arrow.

5. That was so poor, I could hear your ancestors groaning from their graves.
  6. I humbly apologise, I will take myself down the legion tonight and attempt to commit Hari Kari by drowning in pints of Tribute
  7. Apparently ‘twas Red Six Flight Lieutenant Mike Ling & Red Seven Flight Lieutenant Dave Montenegro

Quote…… It is not known whether all nine Red Arrows in the team were present or just the two that collided.

“Two Hawk aircraft from the Royal Air Force Red Arrows Aerobatic Team collided whilst undertaking pre-season training at Hellenic Air Force Base Kastelli in Crete,†the spokesman said
    Flight Lieutenant Mike Ling ejected in mid-air, while his £5 million Red Arrow crashed onto the runway. The aircraft was described as “severely damaged on impactâ€.

The second pilot, Flight Lieutenant Dave Montenegro, managed to land his plane safely with no injuries…..

(NB - No mention of Red Three – Flt Lt Kirsty Moore)
  8. I have nothing to add to this thread other than:

Ha, ha, ha, ha!
  9. At £5 million each thats very nearly £10 million up the chute

I hope they was insured
  10. I understand they are insured through either Churchill or Direct Line ... but only for third party, fire and theft!
  11. I know a chief stoker who could fix that.
  12. Whoops, there goes the No Claims Bonus!

So if that is what is meant by "significant damage" in Crabspeak. What would they call wrecked then?
  13. Did the crabs not get Multi-plane insurance from Admiral?
  14. I don't think they had enough aircraft to get the full discount.
  15. my brother is on them and says that if the black boxes are okay - he can chop.

note how eyewitnesses say they definitely collided - however initial raf reports are saying engine failure.

god forbid it was pilot error, if we can blame those dastardly ground crew then do so
  16. I think it's fairly clear they collided from the fact that one has a giant chunk missing from the tail and the other is a smouldering heap in the corner of the airfield.

It'd be interesting to see how the crabs try and cover it up.
  17. Kept that b*****d quiet!!! :D