cpoet to level 8 pay on wo2 signal??

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by ianbeale, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wondered if anybody could throw any light on this for me

I have just been picked up on this years wo2 signal after spending the last 17 years as a cpo. Obviously I have been sat at the level 7 pay cap for some time. Any way now that i have been picked up on this years signal am i able to claim level 8 pay in the interim period between now and getting promoted in a year to 18 months time - just like your old scale A AB etal....

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No, you will go straight to L9 as soon as you're drafted as a WO2 though. Are you an ME? If so P B will draft you into a WO2 job as soon as you finish course, I think WE's are still waiting for CPD.
  3. That is the case,

once you have been selected and have accepted you gain a reward of going up one level. AIP I think it is called

Dig deep for the documented version.

Last year I know some who were told flatly that they were not allowed it by the really really busy logiticians (NOT) But of course they never make mistakes , do they.

Only to find out many months later that they were entitled.
  4. many thanks - AIP, will be banging on the door of the ships office on Monday (in the morning only of course cos they shut in the afternoons for "Admin") - I will save the extra £20 a month and save it towards a set of WO civvies...
  5. If you weren't a Tiff :pukel: you would already be on level 9 like wot I am. Hoorah for Pay 2000 :thumright:

Have a nice day

6. :spam1: :tool:
  7. So that will be them bought in about 6 weeks. I think the Mail on Sunday supplement does most of the stuff: Polyester slacks with elasticated waste, slip on/zip up comfort bats, etc.
  8. You forgot the carpet slippers. :thanks:
  9. no ive found a really good place where i can spend the extra cash
  10. #And they do slippers :w00t:
  11. Here you go Slim, you're fishing for a pair of slippers mate, try these.

Edit: I HAVE actually bought shoes from SW in the past, very good quality and comfort ;)
  12. Me a tool? Never :thumright:

Now go sit in the corner and cry like a good little boy.

Have a lovely day
  13. tiddlyoggy - you should not be quoting real names of serving personnel on here - ever heard of PERSEC ?? I think you'll find it's against the "rules"
  14. tiddlyoggy

Sorry, I'll put my hand up for that one and consider myself chastised. Edited original post, shouldn't write posts when in a hurry without due care and attention.
  15. Was in this position a few years ago, level 7 for a few years & found out about the AIP, as once you've accepted the promotion signal it says that you are entitled to the advance. Put in for it only to be told "NO". One representation later, and the answer you've all been waiting on, "NO". Even had one so called oppo who did get his pay put through to band 8 and said he'd be a witness type thing for my rep, refused at the last minute incase they decided they had screwed up and took the money back of him. If you did get the rise & pushed through to band 8, can you let me know, TVM
  16. tiddlyoggy

Since I last posted on this thread I've done some digging on this, apparently it used to that way, but now they've changed the way that IP's are awarded and the highest level you can now get them at is PO promoted to chief.Can't remember why (perish the thought that it's to save money!)
  17. Some quality clothing there and I have seen many of those civvies on some persons who frequent the wardroom at Collingwood. :lol:

Congrats on your selection by the way and about time after 17 years as a CPO. ;-)