CPO AET Wayne "Ned" Kelley

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by copenhagencup, Jul 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Condolences to his family at what has to be an absolutely terrible time for them; he really sounds like a decent bloke.

Bloody motorbikes are just not clever. Doesn't matter how competent you are; you can't rely on other motorists to see you.

2. RIP Ned,sympathies to his family and friends.

Disagree SF, there is such a thing as defensive riding, i.e. ride as if every car driver is miopic and deaf.
  3. I know it's not "de rigeur" to speak ill, but every time I see a motorcyclist weaving in and out of traffic and taking bends on the wrong side of the road, I keep well out of the way, thinking they're not long for this world and there's no way they're taking me with them when they go.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

RIP Ned. Never knew you but I am a biker also, so can only presume what happened.

Slightly off-topic, but I was a car driver first before I began riding motorbikes, and I have to honestly say that becoming a rider has made me a much better car driver. My reactions and road awareness has inreased significantly, as I see the world from all sides, not just what I can see through the windscreen.
  5. RIP Wayne and my condolences to your family
  6. angry_mac: I'm not a biker, you obviously are (Avatar gives it away). Defensive riding? I don't think so - you must remember that your skill is no match for natural stupidy of others.

7. RIP Ned,
    great bloke, had the fortune to serve with him for a couple of years and also saw him around the bizzar's @ culdrose.
    always had time for a chat and a p**s take.
    will be sorley missed
  8. RIP Ned, never knew you, but you served, that's enough.

Condolences to your family.
  9. RIP NED,

Worked with him during my time at Culdrose, what a top bloke.

Will be sadly missed.

Thoughts go to his family.
  10. RIP Ned

I was on Tiff's course with Ned. Great bloke (for a cornishman!). I will hopefully be at the funeral along with several classmates.

That's three losses in the last month and a half. Dunnzo, Langers and now Ned.

RIP All.
  11. RIP Ned

Your Funeral was emotional, Standing room only, The church was packed inside and out its been a pleasure to know you !!

Condolences to your family

You will be missed......YOU Piss Taking "Spunk Trumpet"