Course advice

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Manicpranic, May 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to pass out soon from phase 2 as an AWT, I always wanted to go EW but it wasn't an option as I wasn't part of the intakes that were recruiting directly to EW, UW etc. However since we saw drafty a few days ago we've been given the option to put our names down for EW courses, spaces are limited but my exam grades have been good so fingers crossed.
    Assuming all goes well would I still be required to do AWT if called upon in future or would I exclusively do EW? I kinda like the idea of being multi-skilled if that's the term for it. What do the more experienced warfare ratings out there think? Is it a good move?
  2. Once you are trained as a Gollie you will only do Gollie work unless you for some strange reason decide to be a good egg and relieve your oppo at the plot to go for smoke as they are short manned in the ops room. Having some radar knowledge will help though when sat as EWD and your having to operate the radar for your role.
    • Like Like x 1