Couple sentenced to 25 years for murder of daughter.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by tam, Aug 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tam

tam

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. Link = 'Page Not Found' message!

3. tam

tam

Sorted, UK Link

4. Shouldn't the message be that we will not tolerate murder by anyone regardless of the racial or cultural background of the perpetrator?

5. Murder is murder regardless of the motive Tamknottle you trolling ****.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

:roll:

We should actively welcome all cultures - no matter how diverse - but not murder, regardless of their ethnic origin. Do not use the tragic death of this young woman as a handle on which hang your racist point of view, Tamnottle.

7. Disagree.

Murder = same end result, granted ,but murder is legally set by degrees according to intent and rightly so.

Murder by 'mistake' ie : running a child over who dashes out infront of a car, or even passion (ie NOT planned), cannot possibly be judged by the same margin as actively deciding to murder your own child because of your belief system or the fact you choose to bring them up in a western society and then decide, 'oh dear, the influences of this country are immoral'........

This young woman was murdered because her independence threatened those around her.

Independence is not tolerated of females within fundamental elements of any patriarchal religion.
    Islamic, Christian,Judaism,Political.

I speak as a woman who has lived within the confines of a moderate islamic state for several years,amongst muslim people. It is still highly oppressive according to my view of the world.(There are also some wonderful muslim people but this is about the bigger picture).

7th Century Islam has no place in a modern,civilised society.Moderate islamic practice (as long as not forced on those who do not wish to partake),tolerated.

God love her,R.I.P.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can we also please actively watch out for the 15 years of brainwashing that has swept this country ? Equality and Diversity,in practice, does not exist but are trite phrases that are wheeled out and used as a form of social control.People spout the party line because the media is drowning in it.And it's not ethnic groups that suffer.

When one cannot fly the St.George flag without being accused of 'fascism', while the Scots,Welsh,Brazilians,Germans,Dutch,etc. can throughout footie season, something is very wrong.

Whoever said that great states are destroyed from within was right.

We are chipping away at the most precious elements of our way of life and it's like people have gone to sleep......

You guys have travelled.You have seen poverty,chaos,oppression.......

We need to take more care of our media,education, benefits,political systems. We offer the world so very much.I for one, am sick,sick,sick and tired of hearing people apologise for England. Our tolerance and compassion are legendary. So should our national self-respect be ,wherever we hail from, if we call this island 'home'.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tamnottle's isn't.

10. So what you're saying is that we 'should' tolerate what Tam is saying we shouldn't.........read the post again

11. tam

tam

Here we go the too frightened to see it for what it is PC brigade. This so called 'honour killing' comes from the Pakistani culture. Different cultures are welcome as they can enrich society, however if you choose to live in the United Kingdom do not bring the barbarous parts of your culture with you. There is nothing racist in my post and if anyone disagrees with me they need to take off the blinkers.

12. sgtpepperband

"Honour killings" occur all over the world, not specifically in Pakistan (or Asia/Middle East, for that matter). And unless you were personally involved in the case, I imagine the only reason you posted the link in the first place was a handle upon which to hang your racial prejudices. You were the one who referred to them "importing their Islamic barbaric/ medieval cultures". Honour killing is not part of their culture; some will use their culture as a smokescreen to justify what they have done, but it is in no way reflective of Muslims in the UK or anywhere else in the world.

The only message this sends out is that the UK legal system will investigate, prosecute and convict anybody who commits the act of murder, regardless of their religious or ethnic origin. And my blinkers are well and truly off; enough to see that your feeble and pathetic attempt to use this story as an excuse to get air your latest Daily Wail soundbite should be recognised for what it is - irrelevant.

How d'ya like dem apples, Tamnottle?

13. No we shouldn’t, multi culturism was binned years ago because it was recognized that it encouraged immigrants to come to this country and set up their own communities. It is now dawning on the idiots that promoted this PC nonsense that to be accepted into a society you have to join that society. Maintain your ethnic identity by all means but live by the laws and accepted rules of the country you wish to live in.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Thoroughly agree Tam. My first thoughts, apart from heartfelt sympathy for the girl and her siblings, was, "if you don't like the way we conduct ourselves in Western society, then bu**er off back wherever you came from and we'll all be happy".

2BM

15. tam

tam

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Most of us had never heard of 'honour killings' until it was brought to the shores of the UK from the Sub Continent and to attempt to tar me with the racially prejudiced brush is truly pathetic. Murdering your own child because she may have embarrassed you in the eyes of your community is an abomination that escapes all understanding. You will know that these so called 'honour killings' are in the main carried out against female family members, surely that should tell you something?

16. sgtpepperband

Mrs. SPB and I both come from immigrant communities. We have both served the State (me in the RN; she in MoD). We both grew up in our respective 'immigrant' communities (me = Irish; her = Polish). Multi-culturism has enriched Britain, right back since the days when the Romans first settled in London and Colchester...

99% of people do; those that don't - in this case, Shafilea Ahmed's parents - are convicted accordingly.

17. sgtpepperband

So where should those who are born in the UK to other ethnic or religious communities "bugger off" to..? :?

18. No it isn't. I'm saying that murder commited by anyone should not be tolerated. Using a murder to promote ones personal racist agenda is cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  19. There is a special land for brown people. Didn't you know that?

• Like Like x 1
  20. sgtpepperband

Yeah. It tells me that there are evil, murderous bastards in every section of our community. I imagine if you go back a few generations, Tamnottle, some of your ancestors hacked, maimed and killed people for other than honourable reasons...