Couple of questions

shorty1988m

Midshipman
So, I'm already a qualified 2nd engineer and a crew agent approached me about the RFA who seem interested in getting me in for an interview but as I haven't had any contact whatsoever with them I'm kind of relying on 2nd hand answers to a few questions I might have. So I thought I'd try here.

• I have an appointment for the psychometric test on Wednesday in Gateshead. However, I ride a motorbike so was wondering on the formality of this. If it's informal that I can get away with jeans and a shirt then I should be ok but anything more and I'll have to find a car and deal with rush hour. So is it formal at all?
  • They also sent a small questionnaire asking about convictions, including motoring convictions. I had points on my license like 10 years ago so they're all gone but was unsure if it needs to be put on. It obviously isn't a big deal so I'm not worried about putting it on but best to know.
  • I'm trying to get back to work at sea after a year and a half off so I'd like to get back quickly. The process seems to take months but I was wondering if it was quicker if I'm already qualified and ready?
Thanks in advance. I'll probably be here asking more soon enough depending on how far I get.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Whilst appreciating this is RFA rather than RN, pretty much the same stuff applies, apart from opening/closing branches to recruitment;

• The test does not require formal dress.
  • If the form is the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493 written at the top), you only need declare unspent convictions. For security clearance all convictions must be declared - except parking or speeding fines that did not result in a court summons.
  • If the branch is actually open to recruitment, entry can be swifter for trained personnel. The fact you've been called forward for test indicates the branch is recruiting.

shorty1988m

Midshipman
If the form is the Rehabilitation of Offenders form (MoD Form 493 written at the top), you only need declare unspent convictions. For security clearance all convictions must be declared - except parking or speeding fines that did not result in a court summons.
Thanks for the answer.

It just says standard character enquiry form and it came with the letter saying I needed to do the psychometric test so who knows. I asked the crew agent who put me forward to ask as well but I'll probably just put it down as I can't think doing 35 in a 30 is a disqualifying factor.

Latest Threads